Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

replacing seals for water pump

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ron1999
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ron1999

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-02-12

replacing seals for water pump Empty
PostSubject: replacing seals for water pump   replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:36 am

Hi guys,
i have this constant, slow dripping of oil from my SW.
i had it inspect and was told that the drips my come from the water pump seals - making it drip both oil and coolant.

can any one advise about the procedure of taking it apart, replacing the seals and rebuilding it?

i intend to make it a picturial, when i do the job, but i just want to be sure before i do anything wrong Smile

thanks

Ron.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: replacing seals for water pump   replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Ron, When you let your scooter sets for a while, where does this leak show up under the bike?

Just sent you a PM with information attached.
Back to top Go down
ron1999
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ron1999

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: replacing seals for water pump   replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Dennis,
thanks for the info and the PM.

i did not look thoroughly enough underneath the scooter to locate the leak, i relied on the information provided to me by the mechanic that tested my scooter for me before i purchased it.

yet, when i took the water pump apart - i could see that there was a leak from the oil seal.

i replaced both seals (inner one and the oil seal)

now, after everything is done - i could look beneath the scooter to locate another leak of oil -
now it looks like it is coming from the center of the engine - there's this metal protector underneath the engine, and it looks like the leak is coming right from the bolt in the center of that protector.

i will upload the pictures of the process and i can demonstrate when it is coming from.

Ron.

Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: replacing seals for water pump   replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Ron wrote:
yet, when i took the water pump apart - i could see that there was a leak from the oil seal.

i replaced both seals (inner one and the oil seal)

Ron,
The oil seal you are referring to, is it the water pump housing to engine seal, or the water pump shaft seal? Also what were the two seals you replaced? I was told by my local Honda parts guy that the shaft oil seal cannot be purchased separately and that I need to purchase the complete water pump,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replacing seals for water pump   replacing seals for water pump I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

replacing seals for water pump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: