Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:08 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby gustav Today at 7:58 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?   Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 7:17 pm

It might have been a couple of months ago, and it might or might not have been on this board, there was a guy who had the lip and ears for sale. If anyone has these for sale, please email me. Thanks. mdavid@fastmail.net
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: I found the guy   Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks for looking. I found the guy who has them. Also another fellow who has offered to send me the templates to make them myself, out of plexiglass I assume, from the hardware store.
Ride safe......
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?   Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Matthew,
Did you get the template pattern? If I had the pattern, I assume for the stock w/s, I would make me some....
"Old Dave" in Western Nebraska...
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?   Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello Dave,

No, I never got the template. There was a guy named Duane who said he'd send them to me, but he never did. I bought them used from another swing rider. I've positioned the lip at 1.5" and at 1.75" above the windshield, at center point. I like the higher position better, so now I want to try putting it at 2.0" above the windshield. I've ordered the dual lock strip (instead of the dots), so I can move the lip up and down as I choose.

Today I rode home from town, 30 miles, leaving my earplugs out, just to see how much difference the lip would make in wind noise reduction. I was pretty pleased with the results. I'd say that up to about 45 or 50mph (actual), you could dispense with earplugs and still have a pretty quiet ride. Above that though I'd want them back in.

You might try posting an inquiry on the forums, and see if you can find Duane, Maybe he'll send the templates to you. He said it would cost about $18 in materials from the hardware store. That would be a great deal.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?   Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:15 pm

"Just Old Dave" says, Thank you Matthew....maybe he will see this and post. Pictures of my SWing are on the "trying to take a picture."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?   Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laminar Lip and Ears For Sale?
Page 1 of 1