Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mirror Extenders

Go down 
+31
Colin B
Meldrew
RArch
Nowun
Dramhunter
exavid
MikeO
model28a
bikerboy
tinman
Yaj
Gyro
JeffR_
GHM-PM
hotwings
Pastor Ron
jahmani3
CathyN
Coops666
trouble1100
billc.
john grinsel
lcseds
honda_silver
J.R.
JeffR
bigbird
wayneliz
DennisB
Winger61
smorkle
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

The other day I saw someone mention mirror extenders and thought that was a pretty neat idea so I found some on ebay and ordered them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140522625311

I got them in the mail today and they popped on in about 10 minutes. I have yet to ride with them because it's windier than a liars convention out there today and I just didn't want to mess with it. They do bring the mirrors up about an inch and out about 1½ inches. The specs say 1½" and 2" respectively, but it just falls short of that. I will give a better review of them after I've ridden with them once or twice but they look pretty close to OEM colors and it appears as though I can see better behind me. Time will tell.

The price was right!

Mirror Extenders 307n
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:41 pm

I've just fitted a pair almost identical to those, but with s/steel bolts. Bought off ebay from a guy called gascapdude in San Jose CA. Cost me £17 shipped. Great improvement, now I'm not looking at my shoulders in the mirrors!
Had a first ride out yesterday (A sunny 60 degrees!) to try them out - great!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10mm-CNC-Motorcycle-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Honda-/260704390118?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cb3314be6
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi smorkle,

If you have time, replace the screws with 2 stainless steel 10mm screws. Works better with no rust to look at over time. Just something to think about. Suspect
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 pm

I would love to see Dennis B make these- would be top quality and we wouldn't have to worry about fit and finish! Hint Hint!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 pm

I bought these same extenders and paid $6.95 for shipping and it took almost 2 weeks for me to get them. The funny thing is that they shipped from Fremont, California...the same city I live in. I would rather of just rode over to them and picked them up and saved the shipping. But I guess that wasn't possible.

But they work great and I'm glad I bought them. One of them has turned a bronze color and the other one is still black. But it adds character and if these are the only ones where 1 is bronze and the other is black then if I ever sell the SWing it should be a collectors item. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:44 am

Jeff & Bigbird, I also put a pair of these on. You order them because they are Black and look great but after one season turn Bronze. It's a sun thing. Took them off this Winter, they were still Black on the bottom. Light sanding and a easy re-paint will take care of it. I let gascapdude know what was going on........you know how that went.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:33 am

bigbird wrote:
I also bought mine from gascapdude on eBay. Great quality and all stainless.

My first pair of mirror extenders bolts rusted within a year and the extensions faded.

My second pair of mirror extensions on Ebay from gas-cap-dude have stainless steel and have not faded. I agree with BigBird ... great quality.

USA: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-10mm-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Honda-Silverwing-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a60a70dacQQitemZ250729663916QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

UK: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-10mm-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Honda-Silverwing-/260649457239?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cafeb1657
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Both of mine are bronze now. Looks odd, but it's not rust, and they work.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:34 pm

I keep mine garaged too but the one turned bronze quick. It doesn't bother me at all since they are very inexpensive but do a great job. I never have to adjust my mirrors either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Much more simple solution----get pr of CB750 mirrors ('69 and on). Dennis Kirk has.

Many mirror problems----with lots of winter clothes on you see self.

Use CB mirrors in winter, stock in summer.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:37 pm

"Use CB mirrors in winter, stock in summer."

And that's a much more simple solution?
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:29 pm

The mirror extensions not only let you see around yourself regardless of what type clothing you are wearing, they also let you see around your pillion as well.
For they price, one of the TOP additions you can get for your Swing! billc.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:58 pm

And they look good too !

Mirror Extenders Picture
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:34 pm

The mirror extenders I got are made of painted aluminum. The bolts are regular bolts, but they're painted as well so I'm not overly worried about them rusting. If the thing starts looking weathered and worn I'll pull it off and give it the Krylon touch.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

I finally got to rid today and tried out my mirror extenders. They were OK, but I didn't see any significant difference with them. I didn't feel like i could suddenly see better, they're just in a different place than they used to be.

I was wrong about the bolts though, they are just standard metal, not painted. I think I'm going to pull them off and paint the heads of them to prevent rust.
Back to top Go down
Coops666
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for the reviews & links guys; I just ordered my pair.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:26 pm

That go dido from me. I ordered mine Saturday. Should be here sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Here's another thread on mirror extenders. I put these same ones on. They work great and are inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi All,

Just a note of caution and something to check on when you purchase the extenders off eBay. Besure the 10mm screws and washers are made of Stainless, if not they will rust in short order.
Back to top Go down
jahmani3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 am

Just installed my extenders yesterday, as a big guy (6'5"), they are so worth it. I can see over my shoulders and around my arms now =-)
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/RDiculous
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm

I've had mine that I bought on ebay for over a year. They came without stainless bolts and I painted them black to keep them from rusting. The main bulk of the extender has turned from black to a bronze color and I think I'm going to take those off and re-paint them black as well.

All in all I've been pretty happy with them. They do help me see just a little better over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

I have learned over years of riding that their are numerous accidents that are caused by cage drivers running into stopped motorcycles (either at a traffic light or stop sign) that can usually be avoided by a motorcycle rider being able to see BEHIND them.
That is why I too ordered these extenders today.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Pastor Ron wrote:
I have learned over years of riding that their are numerous accidents that are caused by cage drivers running into stopped motorcycles (either at a traffic light or stop sign) that can usually be avoided by a motorcycle rider being able to see BEHIND them.
That is why I too ordered these extenders today.
Dont know how mirror extenders are supposed to stop a rear end collision!! Why would someone operate a motorcycle without properly adjusted mirrors to begin with??
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:45 pm

I am sorry, I should have explained it a little clearer for you....
When one does not have the proper distance away from the body (by the stock mirror), it does not give you the proper distance where you can adjust your mirror to properly see someone coming quickly behind you (that is close to you) when you stop.
A good rider should always keep their throttle ready to jump out of the way after stopping (if need be) to avoid someone slamming into you.
The stock mirror catches the right shoulder (or elbow) on the left side of ones right mirror (if you are using that mirror to see close behind you), an extender will allow one to adjust his mirror properly to help avoid such problems....if you pay attention.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:29 pm

oic. I thought the mirror extenders were actually rocket launchers that would propel bike and rider up and over a vehicle ahead while avoiding a vehicle from behind.
Just kidding of course!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 am

I simply replace the stock mirrors with after-market ones that allow me to see past my shoulders! Shocked In most case this is cheaper than buying the extenders and you still have the stock mirrors to sell or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 am

I too thought about doing it that way....if the extenders do not do the trick, that is the course I will take.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:47 pm

I installed them 4/9/13 (after painting them so they wont turn) and they worked great! I could see easily around the elbows and anyone tailgating me. these did the trick...thanks everyone for this post.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:00 am

I too bought some mirror extenders after reading the posts from this forum. Best few bucks I ever spent. Think they were under ten bucks. Couldn't be happier with the results.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:35 am

This is probably the cheapest mod you can do. And after you do it you wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 am

After reading the recommendations on this thread, I just now ordered a pair from Gascapdude on Ebay. Smile
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:44 am

With the stock setup, typically you can see the left lane and the right lane. But you cannot see behind you in the same lane. Dangerous as you don't know if you will be rear ended or when a tailgater is too close for comfort. The mirror extenders bring the mirrors out far enough to angle you mirrors inward a bit. Now you can see behind you as well as the lanes to each side. I had bought the ones from eBay and they turned bronze after a few months. I though they looked silly. This time I am getting SW Motech ones. Much more expensive, but the coating is different. More of a powdercoat. I'm willing to spend a little extra to not have them bronze and me have to paint the things. With the new bike, I am going to spend a little extra to correct the niggles I had with the old ones.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:20 am

Another option, in addition to the mirror extenders is order a pair of Honda Helix Mirrors. I think Bike Bandit and other suppliers have them. They are not terribly expensive ($30/pr. or so). They have longer arms than the Swing arms. I use these IN ADDITION to my Mirror Extenders and this gives you a MUCH BETTER REAR VIEW, especially if you have a Passenger or Top Box. billc.
Back to top Go down
Yaj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Yaj

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:17 pm

billc. wrote:
Another option, in addition to the mirror extenders is order a pair of Honda Helix Mirrors. I think Bike Bandit and other suppliers have them. They are not terribly expensive ($30/pr. or so). They have longer arms than the Swing arms. I use these IN ADDITION to my Mirror Extenders and this gives you a MUCH BETTER REAR VIEW, especially if you have a Passenger or Top Box. billc.

On our Helix the mirrors attach to the body with 2 bolts, not 1 bolt on the handle bars like on the SW. Maybe you were talking about the Reflex? The Reflex does have longer/taller arms.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 pm

billc. wrote:

Can you provide a link? I went to the Bike Bandit website but could not find what you are describing.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Go on Ebay swing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 pm

I got mine off ebay by GasCapDude
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 am

Mine also came from gascapdude, they have been good so far and the bolts appear to be stainless (at least there is no sign of rust after a year !)
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 am

My xstenters came with painted bolts and I put a dab of black pain on the top of the bolt.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 am

Yaj, you are correct... it is the REFLEX MIRRORS, not the HELIX MIRRORS that are an easy exchange to the Swing and provide longer arms. They are not expensive for a pair and with the extenders add AWESOME rear and side view around any passenger, top box, other device behind the rider.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am

I went back in my records and found the stock #'s of the black Reflex Mirrors I ordered.
Mirror R #88210-KPB-003
Mirror L #88220-KPB-003
Think I purchased them from Bike Bandit or Service Honda... billc.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 am

billc. wrote:
I went back in my records and found the stock #'s of the black Reflex Mirrors I ordered.
Mirror R #88210-KPB-003
Mirror L #88220-KPB-003
Think I purchased them from Bike Bandit or Service Honda... billc.

Thanks! The part numbers are a big help. Smile

Last edited by Gyro on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I found someone that put different mirrors on a Burgman 400. I got the mirrors from the Burgman 400 and put them on my Silver Wing. They are a lot longer than the Silver Wing mirrors, but they are chrome instead of black. That may be a plus to some people. The Burgman 400 mirrors are the same length alone as the Silver Wing mirrors with the extenders. You could put the extenders on the Burgman 400 mirrors, but they would stick out quite a bit past the handlebar ends. I think they stick out 2" or 3" without extenders. I like how they function, and I think the chrome mirrors look good on the dark color of my 08 Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I looked up the Reflex mirrors on Bike Bandit and they want $40.85 each.
http://www.bikebandit.com/search?q=88210-KPB-003&gclid=CNialpnVzbYCFUtVMAodCCsAAA&gclsrc=ds
I also looked at Partzilla and they only want $26.96 each. I did not check how much shipping was on either site.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-88210-KPB-003.html
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:01 am

I just finished installing the mirror extenders sold by Gascapdude on Ebay. It was an easy 10 minute install, and there is a definite improvement in rear visibility. At this point in time, I do not think I will need to purchase longer mirrors.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 am

Fitted mine this afternoon too.
Higher and wider so give a much better view.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 pm

MikeO wrote:
Fitted mine this afternoon too.
Higher and wider so give a much better view.

I took mine out for a little 20 mile test ride this afternoon. Excellent! Superior view, and no added vibration. Two thumbs up! cheers
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Gyro,

They are nice aren't they? For $15 they are probably the best mod there is. I know I will never go back to the stock setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirror Extenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Extenders   Mirror Extenders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror Extenders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next