Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:04 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Seat Question I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Seat Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm

I have a question re: my seat to see if anyone can help. I am 5'3" and my feet do not touch the ground when riding so when I stop I have to slide foward on my seat when stopping and this causes my bikes handles bars to wobble. My husband lowed the shocks first thing, helped a little. We took the seat off to see if it could be cut down and the answer was no. This is soooooo frustrating because I do not want to sell my bike but I am becoming very hesitate about riding because of it. Please if anyone has any ideas short of custom seat please post. Thanks to all in advance.
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Angel,

Check out this link. It may help.

http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=23806;hl=seat
Back to top Go down

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I just traded in my Helix for a new Silverwing. Hopefully can pick it up this week!! I am 5'2" and have short legs. I had them cut the seat down for me, actually twice. They also are putting the back shocks down as far as they go. I have good motorcycle boots that have a big heel on them. I'm hoping with those three things that I will be able to handle this bike. I rode one last summer and was on my tippy toes but once I got going I was fine. With the seat cut down and my good boots I can get the whole front of my boot down and with the shocks put down I'm hoping to be flat footed. That seat is very wide and often they can take a lot of padding off of the side which lets you legs drop down better.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Coralee,

When you get your bike maybe you can take a picture of it while you are sitting on it. Do you know how many inches they were able to take off the top? Make sure to give us a good review of your new SWing.

Angelrider,

Have you tried boots with bigger soles? That is one way to flat foot. Also, maybe shave some off the side like Coralee had done to hers. I'm not sure who can do this but I'm sure an upholsterer can do this. Keep us informed and maybe take some pics if you do it yourself. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:55 am

My dealership sent the seat to an upholsterer. I am so excited to pick up the bike I can hardly stand it Laughing I have been walking and lifting weights the past few months to get ready for this bike. It's been great motivation to get back in shape for me. I just am anxious to learn about how this bike feels.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Angelrider,

Call the local Harley Davidson dealership and ask them if they know of a good upholsterer for some saddle modifications. If there is someone they recommend most likely that person rides and will help you. We had great luck with our saddle modifications and am glad we did it all locally.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Seat Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat Question   Seat Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: