Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings and Salutations from South Africa

Go down 
+5
JeffR
DickO
jdeereanton
DennisB
Broncoza
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Broncoza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Broncoza

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-02

Greetings and Salutations from South Africa Empty
PostSubject: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi to all on the forum, I am a soon to be Silverwing owner. My bike has been ordered and should arrive this week at the dealer for delivery perhaps on Friday.

I am a long standing dirt bike rider who turned to adventure riding for a while with a Honda Transalp, but finding I have very little time for the hardcore adventure stuff I went out looking for a tourer. I almost went the BMW LT route but again it is overkill for what I need. I then came across the SW and thought it looked like a winner.

Other biked in the stable are smaller Airblade Honda scooter, a genune Ducati Hailwood Replica and a few other esoteric bits and bobs.

Who else is on the forum from SA?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Broncoza,

Welcome...Make yourself at home and very glad you decided to join in. cheers
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi "Broncoza"
Welcome to the site. You're gonna' enjoy this place !!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Broncoza,

Welcome to the forum and I think you may be the first from South Africa. If you get a chance please post some pics of any rides you do. We would all like to see some pictures of your country. You can go to the "Albums" section and create your own folder to post pictures. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Broncoza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Broncoza

PostSubject: South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks for the well wishes.

I will definitely post some pictures of the beautiful country that I live in and my favourite places in it. Some might even be from the adventure touring trips I have done in Lesotho, I love that country and get up into the moutains whenever I can.

Strange to here I am the first South African, but there again scooters are not that big yet in SA. Everyone thinks of scooters for their daughter to college, but are too macho to be seen riding one. Sports bikes and big trailies are the order of the day; pity they don't know what they are missing.
Ciao
Rob
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings and Salutations from South Africa 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 am

Howdy Rob, Welcome to our forum. I have a brother who spent a number of years in South Africa working the supply side of ocean oil exploration. He always talked about how beautiful it was there. I am glad to have you here, and look foreward to any pictures you post. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 am

The founder of the X9 Owners Club is South African.
He lived in London at the time but returned to live in Cape Town several years ago.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 am

Hi and welcome from me.

Do you suffer from dust in your part of SA, the few places I have visited in your country suffered a lot from fine dust, I was wondering if the bikes suffered as a result.

Welcome again to what is rapidly becoming a really metropolitan site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Broncoza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Broncoza

PostSubject: Dust   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Doug

Dust is a problem especially in the winter we get really fine dust on all the "B" roads. Three problems - traction on this stuff is like ice, it dirties a bike quicker than you can clean it and finally air filter maintenance is a full time hobby.

When I was riding multiple day events on dirt bikes we would all have several filters prepped and merely insert at a service point or overnight stop. I found on the Transalp that K&N was the way to go especially the oil on the filter seems to help more than a dry one.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Rob, things don't change then. I was in SA in the early 70's and when I got home, (UK), my cassette player was full of fine powdery dust.

Corrosion wasn't a problem! I was into VW Beetles and the country of choice to get a used one from was South Africa - no rust. I'm surrounded by salt laden sea so salt water corrosion is a really big problem for me. (Thank goodness for FS365 a rust preventative).

Horses for courses as we say over here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and Salutations from South Africa   Greetings and Salutations from South Africa I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings and Salutations from South Africa
Page 1 of 1