Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

leg wind deflectors?

Go down 
+9
Fiddler
Somerled
john grinsel
goldwinger
honda_silver
craigory
mr fish
DickO
Haskell
13 posters
AuthorMessage

leg wind deflectors? Empty
PostSubject: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Does anyone have (or have had experience) with leg wind deflectors? I found this link but it is from the U.K. Are these accessories available here too?

http://www.doble.co.uk/content/pdfs/Accessories/silverwing.pdf

I also noticed they have some cool hand shields as well.

Thanks. Any input is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Haskell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I have a set of the National Cycle hand shields on my 02. They are very durable and I like the look.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/CoolWeather.shtml

My leg wind deflectors like those from the UK link, also more than 5 years old and still look good.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi RobinC,

I got this link compliments of "ronjr009". Might be what you're looking for; I was impressed with them and just might order a pair one of these days.

http://host.jwcinc.net/2472/3brothersperformance/swfairings.html
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi Robinc

Im new to this forum but happen to live in uk and bought my last bike off of dobles they are a couple of miles from me,if you want next time im in there i can see if i can get some info for you...

john
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks for the links guys. I like the looks of the hand shields and wind deflectors you shared with me.

Haskell, do the hand shields hit your windshield when you lock the forks? I have the Givi windshield and the brake levers come pretty close now.

Thank you too John, (Mr. Fish). I am curious to know if they would ship to the USA. Also, how is riding in the U.K. with all the rain you guys get. We have had severe drought conditions in the Southeast USA for last few summers. It's bad for the plants and water supply but great for riding.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Next time im in there i will ask if they export
as for riding in the u.k its ok some great twisty roads but the weather is a lottery,and everyone rides sports bikes (most not very well)its like if you ride a certain type of bike then you fit in with that group but no other that goes for all types sports,cruiser,off road,scooter its quite sad really seeing as we all have two wheels and spend most of the time trying not to be killed by the box people

john
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Leg wind deflectors   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:35 pm

I previously had a pair of the Honda leg wind deflectors on my 2002 SWing, and they looked and worked great. Unfortunately one of them got damaged when the bike was tipped over in the wind (while parked). I now wish to replace them, but I'm not sure where I can find them. I ordered my old pair several years ago from the UK because Honda doesn't import them here. Can anyone give me a lead to a supplier? Does anyone have a set of these they might be interested in selling? Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:28 pm

craigory wrote:
I previously had a pair of the Honda leg wind deflectors on my 2002 SWing, and they looked and worked great. Unfortunately one of them got damaged when the bike was tipped over in the wind (while parked). I now wish to replace them, but I'm not sure where I can find them.
http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/scooters/silverwing/configure

"Accessories"->"Leg deflector set"
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
goldwinger

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Robin, if a UK dealer wont ship to USA, I could get them and ship them to you? The only problem is everything here in UK is so expensive compared to USA. I was looking at the Airhawk seat earlier $130 USA £160 UK ($256) !!!!
If you want, I'll get a price from David Silver (Honda spares) tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi bill. Yes, those are the very ones I had and want to have again. However, I can't seem to find any in the US. If you know of a supplier please pass it on. If someone on the forum has a pair in good shape I might be inclined to buy them. Thanks!

Craig
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm

I assume purpose of leg wind deflectors is to cut out pant flapping???

Baker Air Wings are available in US----worked wonders on the pant flapping issue/rain/etc. Made for SilverWing.

System of mounting a little mickey mouse-----but there is a way around...near $90.

I had makers wind guards on Helix/Reflex/Tmax (if I remember right) and Burgman 400. Most were decoration only---the Bakers worked very well on SilverWing. I ride in all weathers.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 pm

This thread here was how I was able to purchase mine.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t3112-wind-deflectors-uk?highlight=wind

Cost: £87.66 ($141.23) and shipping to El Paso, TX was £29.16 ($46.98) for a total of £116.82 ($188.21). I just installed them and they do help quite a bit. Bike cuts through the wind noticeably better which is rather important in these parts.
Back to top Go down
Fiddler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:06 am

Sorry to bring back an old thread

I was wondering about the leg deflectors.
I noticed riding mine that when my feet are up on the forward part of the floorboards, there isn't a lot of wind but wen my feet are on the flat part, there seems to be a lot of wind.
Do the deflectors make riding with feet flat on the floorboards less windy?
Do they make the forward feet position calmer?
I think I might like a set on mine but Im not sure. how much lamer does it make the wid?
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:18 am

Fiddler: if you're talking about the shields made by Ron Nelson, I found them to reduce the wind flow considerably when my feet are forward. Didn't pay much attention to difference before and after with feet on floor. They are not as good looking as the high price ones made in the UK or those Suz makes for the Burg 400, but they do the job and are rather unobtrusive. for $30 you don't have a lot to lose.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 am

ulflyer wrote:
They are not as good looking as the high price ones made in the UK

The leg wind deflectors are not UK made but a genuine Honda accessory for the Silver Wing. What you have to bear in mind is Honda UK still has the Silver Wing in it's 2012 line up, and the rest of Europe has the SW-T 600 instead. It's possible that they are still available mail order from Honda dealerships in Germany and elsewhere, otherwise £105.16 plus postage and any taxes is the price you'll have to pay if you want a set.
Back to top Go down
Fiddler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Thank you. They sound like something I would like.
I'll put my husband on finding and installing them.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I received Leg deflectors from Chiswickhonda today.
total cost was $215.08 cad, $40.00 cad, money transfer, $33.57 cad,
Customs. $288.57 cad total
They are the same thickness as a rain deflector for a car or a truck at a cost
of about $30 or $40
Someone is making a lot of money on this.
Will post on how well they work come spring time .
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:56 pm

tinman wrote:
Will post on how well they work come spring time .

They work very well, they stop cold air from getting up between your boots and the bottom of your pants, and deflect rain and spray away from your boots. They also allow you to ride feet forward and put one or both feet down easily when you stop.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Someone is making a lot of money on this.

Not necessarily.
It's called 'Supply and Demand'.

It's easy to cover the cost of the mold or whatever it is they use if they sell 10,000; not so easy if they sell only 10.

A little while ago I watched a 'Megafactory' programm on TV. It was about the factory that makes Lego.
I can't remember whether the mold which makes the standard bricks cost £40,000 or £400,000, the latter, I think - it was very expensive!
If they made only ten Lego sets a week, they'd never cover the cost but as they know they'll sell hundreds of thousands, they set the price of each brick low and run at a loss initially but quickly recoup the cost of the mold so every brick made thereafter costs only the price of the plastic (and power, etc but you know what I mean).
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Im sure that they will do well in wind and rain protection,and the fit will be of honda quality . The cost is justified for the amount that they produce .
Like all mods that we do to our rides , nothing is cheap. By the time that
Im done with all the modifications that I plan to do ,Trinity Trike In a few
yrs with reverse . I ride about 15 to 20 KL a year . 10 to 15 more yrs to go
my Swing will just be broken in .
No I don't ride 1500,000 miles, It will never happen.LOL :lol!:
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:18 am

They can't sell them if they don't offer them to N. America. I know several SW riders and all want a set, but not at the imported price.
Has anyone attempted to petition Honda to make them avail here? Maybe an email campaign to Honda USA?

Suz makes a similar set for the B400 (but not the B560..go figure) for around $140 U.S.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 am

If Honda ever come up with a new Swing ,they could fit deflector in the body
works , a 14" rear tire,, flashers,automatic turn ,and 4 way flashers,and a Givi still wind screen . Now that would be something to see. And 12 volt plug. Twisted Evil cheers chickendance
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 am

Is it Honda not offering them or dealers in the US not bothering to get them in?
I suspect the latter - I ordered them as part of the 'package' when I went to the dealer to buy my Silverwing here in Belgium. I asked for heated grips, too.
When the bike arrived, the leg-deflectors hadn't so the dealer said he'd call when they arrived so I could go and have them fitted.
I had to wait a couple of weeks but it was the dealer who got them for me.

And.....I paid list-price - no customs fees or any of those extras.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 am

I've already mentioned that the leg deflectors for the FJS 600 Silver Wing are no longer listed as genuine Honda accessories on Honda websites in the European countries where the SW-T 600 has replaced the Silver Wing, but are still on sale in the UK.

The Silver Wing has been out since 2000 and the leg deflectors have probably been available since then too. If Honda USA didn't have them in the FES 600 Silver Wing accessories list back then, then they are unlikely to start selling them now in 2012. Especially when the SW-T 600 may be in their line up next year.

Suzuki do make leg deflectors for the Burgman 650, I bought a pair for my 650 when I had one. I took them off after one brief ride because they were of a more enveloping design and stopped me quickly getting my feet out and down when stopping. These leg deflectors aren't available in the USA either, but they seemed to be much sought after by the Burgman USA community. They bought them mail-order from a Suzuki dealer in Germany and didn't seem to have any complaints about the price. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leg wind deflectors?   leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leg wind deflectors?
Page 1 of 1