Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Fuel mileage data collection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Fuel mileage data collection Empty
PostSubject: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am

So. apropos of nothing in particular, I went on a nice ride yesterday, as the temp was close to 70 degrees F with wind blowing 3-10 knots...

Fueled up in Rocklin, then went 65 to Marysville, around the Sutter Buttes (smallest mountain range in the world) and up the river road next to the Sacramento River into Chico, then back home down 99-65-Sierra College, for a total of 214 miles.

Fueled up in Rocklin and then ran 139.3 miles and took on a total of 3.3 gallons, for a mileage rating of 42 mpg. This average was obtained using various speeds, from moderate velocity on the river roads to 70+ on the highway for fairly long stretches.

By the time it was time to refuel, I was in Gridley and the last fuel gauge marker was flashing. I was not sure what that meant, but after taking on the 3.3 gallons of fuel, I concluded that when the marker started flashing, I had a little less than a gallon of fuel left, meaning an approximate range of about 35 miles until dry.

As usual, the bike ran well and the Airflow worked great...I raised it up quite high for awhile, but then lowered it back down and discovered that I preferred it there.

OK...rambling mode off...hope you all had a great Saturday...

Bob
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Bob,

I thought the worlds smallest mountain range was that pile of snow just outside my front door. I'll be glad when it's gone. cheers
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Dennis,

Has your mountain range started to melt yet? Our's here in Chicago is starting to melt. We are suppose to have above freezing temps all week. Near 50 by Friday. To much snow and ice to go riding though.

Cathy Sad
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi Cathy,

It sure has that "I'M MELTING" look too it... YEAHHH!!!!! cheers cheers cheers We'll be in the high 60's to low 70's by the middle of next week.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:58 pm

There are many things wrong here in California and it's difficult to stomach some of them, but I don't think I could give up the weather and my friends and family to move away...

But if I did, we'd probably go to Texas...did a bit of work there some years ago and I love it there...
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:27 pm

The highest mountains in Florida appear to be landfills. Officially, the highest spot in the state is 345 feet above sea level. You can almost throw a baseball to Alabama from it's "peak." Yeah, the flatness can be a bit boring, but I've never gotten worse than 53 mpg from my SWing. I guess not climbing hills does help...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage data collection   Fuel mileage data collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel mileage data collection
Page 1 of 1