Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

how to remove a throttle restrictor ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
daffy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-13

how to remove a throttle restrictor ? Empty
PostSubject: how to remove a throttle restrictor ?   how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi all, when I bought my SWing 2 years ago I had to have a throttle restrictor fitted because of the UK bike licence laws,
well now my 2 years are up and I now have a full licence can any one out there tell me where to find the restrictor so I can remove it and let fly!!!!!!

cheers Daffy
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: how to remove a throttle restrictor ?   how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

It should be a bolt-on throttle stop where the intake manifold connects to the cylinder head. That's where you'll find the throttle bodies and moveable throttle plates. This device sounds like a limiter that stops the throttle plates from opening fully.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: how to remove a throttle restrictor ?   how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Daffy, if you had the bike restricted, why not take it back to where it was done and get them to remove it. My mate has a franchise to fit these devices and tells me that its normally part of the 'deal' so you shouldn't have to pay any more labour charges. Plus when you get it back you can flog it on Ebay etc. and get a bit of your money back Smile
Back to top Go down
daffy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: how to remove a throttle restrictor ?   how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 am

thanks for your help , the good news is I managed to remove the restrictor myself . The restrictor is located under centre plastic cover I had to remove both side panels , back panel then the centre panel then you can see the restrictor it justs stops the throttle cam turning all the way , to unscrew the restrictor I had to remove the seat assembly, finally removed it. Dealer wanted £150 pounds to remove it !!
what a difference in power output wow !!

hope this makes sense cheers Daffy
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: how to remove a throttle restrictor ?   how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks for the follow up. cheers Will help the next person in need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to remove a throttle restrictor ?   how to remove a throttle restrictor ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to remove a throttle restrictor ?
Page 1 of 1