Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A modern day Christmas story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

A modern day Christmas story Empty
PostSubject: A modern day Christmas story   A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:06 pm

It’s rare to watch a video that will bring a chill to the body and tear to the eye all at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_P6yU_ymFM&feature=share

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A modern day Christmas story   A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 pm

That is absolutely beautiful.

As a wise person once said, "Americans are able to sleep soundly in their beds because there are rough men willing to do violence on their behalf." I would have said, "Civilized people", rather than "Americans" because all civilized nations have a warrior caste of some sort to defend the homeland.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A modern day Christmas story   A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:43 am

Hardcore Rider wrote:
That is absolutely beautiful.

As a wise person once said, "Americans are able to sleep soundly in their beds because there are rough men willing to do violence on their behalf." I would have said, "Civilized people", rather than "Americans" because all civilized nations have a warrior caste of some sort to defend the homeland.

Thanks, I appreciate the comment................ I never considered myself 'a defender of freedom' or a warrrior as such, just an ordinary soldier doing my duty as my oath of allegiance required.

I'll admit to having an over developed sense of right and wrong, and without hesitation would place myself between those who need defense and those who seek to do harm - but isn't that part of being a parent as well???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A modern day Christmas story   A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:06 pm

A good soldier, and by that I don't mean a soldier who just follows orders, is indeed a warrior. The goal of a warrior is to study war in order to promote peace. If you are ready at all times, it is much less likely that you will be attacked.

The possibility of attack is always there, of course, but only the crazy attack a foe who is ready, at least frontally. The problem is there are a lot of crazies out there. Sad

And yes, you are correct. That is also the job of a parent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A modern day Christmas story   A modern day Christmas story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A modern day Christmas story
Page 1 of 1