Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 5:50 pm

» noise under load
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 4:16 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
1 month now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

1 month now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ajay
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-18

1 month now Empty
PostSubject: 1 month now   1 month now I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi everyone. I have the S'wing for one month now, and I cannot believe how much I like it! Understand, I have been riding bikes/scoots for 42 years, and currently have the '05 S'wing, a BMW R1150GS, and a Kymco Grandvista (which I have decided to sell - the S'wing is nimble enough). I seem to choose the S'wing every ride I take. I love the BMW, but I don't think I will ride it unless I take a very big trip - are its days numbered too?

I need some advice on windshields - I am 5'8", 30" pants inseam. I am thinking of a laminar lip w/ears, or the Givi airflow. I am thinking of getting Reflex heated grips, and installing hyperpro fork springs. Probably will put some "see me" lights on the front. Any suggestions with any of these?

I mounted a rack for my Givi Flow cargo box for rides with my wife, and installed a back pad on it. I also had some sheepskin seat covers in the garage that fit pretty well. I don't seem plagued by the stock mirrors, I usually aim them wide so I can see adjoining lanes, I am more concerned about what's going on there than directly behind me.

I again want to thank the folks responsible for this forum.
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

1 month now Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 month now   1 month now I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Welcome! The hyperpros are a very nice add-on. I don't have an AirFlow, but even the pickiest seem on here seem to like it (many like the lamiar as well, but it seems like one gets a little more for the money with an AirFlow). I just put a pair of mirror extenders on, and in my opinion they're one of the best $20 you could spend on the bike - the added height makes checking your mirrors faster, plus the better view.

Last edited by edbancro on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

1 month now Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 month now   1 month now I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 pm

You might consider going with Gerbings heated gloves instead of heated grips. I've had heated grips on bikes but they never were satisfactory to me in cold weather because the backs of my hands and finger tips would still freeze. With the Gerbins gloves it's like riding in the summer all the time. As for being visible I don't believe there's anything better than a headlight modulator. I've got one on my Silverwing and my Goldwing. It will really make your bike stand out. Since the most lethal accident and unfortunately common one is having an oncoming car turn left in front of you anything that really gets their attention is worth weight in gold. Modulators work and Kisan Modulators are one of the best and easiest to install.
Back to top Go down

1 month now Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 month now   1 month now I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm 5'9 with a 30" inseam and the Laminar Lip worked perfectly for me. I didn't get blown around too badly before except on interstate driving, with the Laminar even interstates are smooth sailing.

I chose the lip because it saved a little money and the installation was simplicity in itself. I stuck it on and applied some spring loaded clamps ($1 from Walmart) and you're done.

I just put the stock mirrors back on with some mirror extenders but I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet. I had some aftermarket mirrors with longer stems but I wanted the stock mirrors back because they are so nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1 month now Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 month now   1 month now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 month now
Page 1 of 1