Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mystery Marvel Oil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here has used the Mystery Marvel Oil, I think that is the name of it, in your SWing. I have heard that it helps with keeping the valves in good shape, cleans out the engine, and gives better gas mileage. I'm not really concerned about the engine really but maybe the gas mileage would be better.

I have never used it but have read on other forums that others swear by it. And it also gives better mileage. So, I'm just curious. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:12 am

The only time I have used Marvels Mystery Oil, is in old cars that have shown signs of leak-down, or low compression. Even till this day I can smell it if a car goes by that has used this product. In my opinion this stuff is a last ditch effort to get a few more miles out of a tired engine. I would not even think of putting it in my SW.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Gene,

I'm not thinking of it but have heard from others that they swear by it. And they seem to be very logical people. I don't think the SWing needs it since I have not really heard of any blown engines with the SWing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:53 pm

i have used marvel mystery oil in my reflex and in this swing. i like its smell and it gives me a feeling of well-being and contentment ... but i haven't noticed better mileage or any change in performance. it certainly hasn't done any harm and i have some containers in my rental storage unit where i keep the bikes so i will use it again and again, just not now. the unit is snowed in and the door is frozen shut.
oh, yes. based on the photos for the oil change i just may have installed the small screen upside down touching against the thingee that screws in to plug the hole. if i did i will make that correction when i see the scoot again in a few months.
those photos and explanations are exceptionally good. thanks.
Back to top Go down

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Gosh. It's been almost a year since the last post. I've changed the oil and I Think I put the screen in the right way... but, being old, I'm not certain. The intermittant trouble with the throttle position sensor or the main computer or whatever seems to have been corrected by the mechanics at the dealer cleaning the wiring contacts and assuring that they weren't bent. Runs fine but the weather was so miserable for summer that never traveled except locally within 90 miles.
But the question that persists is this: JeffR, what is in the cup?
Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:21 pm

I've used MMO in the past but now use Sea Foam after lots of recommendations on the GW forum. I'm not a believer in miracle-in-a-can but the stuff does seem to help now and again. I use it in the fuel tank a couple times per year. It seems to smooth out my carbureted Goldwing and my F250 with fuel injection. Basically it's a gas system cleaner but it's also recommended by the maker for oil system flushes. I haven't tried that but do like it in the gas as needed. I really haven't seen any seriously crudded up motorcycle engines at least on GWs which I used to rebuild in my shop before I moved to Oregon. Even some pretty neglected engines were pretty clean internally and I suspect it's unlikely a SW engine will develop much sludge. That just doesn't seem as prevalent as it was in days of yore with leaded fuel and poorer lubricants, the modern stuff is better, removing lead from the fuel does keep things a lot cleaner in the combustion chamber and crankcase. Automobile tailpipes tend to stay clean instead of being coated with brown or gray stuff like the old ones used to do which is an indication that they aren't developing all the internal crud either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mystery Marvel Oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Marvel Oil   Mystery Marvel Oil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery Marvel Oil
Page 1 of 1