Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

high mileage silverwing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

high mileage silverwing Empty
PostSubject: high mileage silverwing   high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am

Hello could anyone help me please i am just about to buy a silverwing on an 04 plate with 62000 miles on the clock, runs well.
can anyone tell me what to look out for and what kind of mileage these bikes are good for?
thank you
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: high mileage silverwing   high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Lesley,

Welcome to the forum. Happy you decided to join in.

From what I've gathered over the 2 years of riding the Silverwing, it would be very possible to get 250,000 or 300,000 from the scooter if maintained and little problems that pop-up are fixed.

Again, Welcome! sunny
Back to top Go down
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: high mileage silverwing   high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Hello,
thank you so much for your response i was a little worried about the mileage being high but it seems i have noting to worry about as long as it has been maintained.

Also another thing do you know the valve clearance intervals and do they need to be done as per manufactures recommendations or is there a bit of ley way.

thank you for your help, this is the second silverwing i have owned but my first one was very low mileage.

thank you again
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: high mileage silverwing   high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi Lesley, good to meet ya, and keep us posted on your purchase. I am curious also about the projected life of the Silverwing. DennisB, are you serious about the quarter million mile possibility? I sure dont doubt it. My single cylinder,air cooled, 92 Honda xr250l has just passed the 50k mark, and I cant believe how strong she is. Tires, chains, sprockets, and clutch. Many, many oil changes, and once a year check and set the valves.

Lesley, Google image search the Silverwing engine/drive train. It's a work of art, and it's a shame that it's hidden under so much plastic. Very pleasing engineering.....to the eye.

Wow 250k to 300k. I know that Honda stress tests all models to incredible lengths, and its not hard to find a 1960's Honda in great shape. Hats off to Sochiro Honda and his idea to make piston rings. Life is full of small beginnings that grow to huge successes! Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: high mileage silverwing   high mileage silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

high mileage silverwing
Page 1 of 1