Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Intercom or Communication System

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
DenGraham
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Intercom or Communication System Empty
PostSubject: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 am

Okay, I'm ready to buy a new intercom or full communication system for bike to bike AND passenger communication. I currently have one of those systems you plug into your ear but they are a pain, sometimes pop out, and take too much time to hook up whenever you are ready to go.
So, I am seriously considering the Collett Electronics Communication totally wireless system. They seem to really have their act together. I am wondering what others are using or looking at?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Kim and I use a Cardo Q2 Scala Rider for Bike to Bike. It is a really good system and the rechargeable batteries last at least 9 hours. We've never run out of power. We once got more than 1/4 mile between us and lost the bluetooth connection, but other wise no complaints. Worked right out of the box with no learning curve to speak of. We have more than one helmet and the base that attaches to the helmet is cheap and so we have bases on both sets of helmets.

The cool thing about them is that they are full duplex so the conversation is really as simple as face to face conversation. No call buttons, no squelching, just turn it on, sync, and talk.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Patty and I use the Cardo Q2 on the Swing. We have only had them a short time. During one very Windy day the wind noise drowned us out and she had to turn her volume down because of the wind noise. Other days they are very nice. I think they are going to be ok. Kind of neat when you can be in the garage and her in the house getting ready for a ride and you can talk to each other. I really need to use these more before I can give an accurate evaluation. Dick
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 pm

I think Dickie make a very good point. If I ride with my visor open Kim knows it as the noise is transmitted. We generally ride with the visors closed so that keeps the wind noise down. We can hear the bugs splat on each others helmets. The mic is very sensitive.
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Thanks to you all for the feedback. I shall look into them. :D
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Dennis,

Did you ever make the plunge into the comm world? After another season with the Cardo Scala Q2 I ams still very much a fan of them. We bought a second mount for our other helmets and now are able to switch out helmets and just move the radios from helmet to helmet and go.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Bike - Bike comms are not something I have been interested in due to my beloved not being to keen listening to me moaning about car drivers.

Saying that! I did research a few a number of years back and the Autocom system looked very good for all forms of comms. Bike 2 bike, intercom, mp3 and mobile phone conections.

May be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:07 am

Starcom for me - we're changing from the basic model to the digital one.
They're not cheap but do what they say on the tin very well.

I had an Autocom system which was very good but changed as Ed had Starcom on the BM and we needed compatibility.

http://www.starcom1.com/
Back to top Go down
W0THK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:20 pm

I've used the J&M CB radio system on several scooters. It has a full-power CB radio, weather radio, driver/passenger intercom, and takes audio input from iPods, etc. It can be used to communicate with other riders at fairly long range, as well as your passenger. They're fairly expensive, and a lot of work to install, but they really work well. I've installed four of them on various cycles, and have been pleased with all of them.

Tomk
Mpls, MN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intercom or Communication System   Intercom or Communication System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intercom or Communication System
Page 1 of 1