Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now

Go down 
+4
crahar
pja
dspevack
JeffR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now Empty
PostSubject: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi everyone,

The new www.maxi-scoots.com site if up now and running. It is the same site as the maxi-scoots site but with new and updated software. If you were a member before you will need to go in and register again. It is a great site with some really good, active administrators so if you like a site that discusses all types of scooters, usually 250cc and over, then go over and register.

Just thought you would all like to know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Can you imagine the reaction if this notice were posted on the other board? rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 pm

I know. I wonder if the www.maxi-scoots.com site was put on the other site if the guy would ban anyone?
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 am

JeffR wrote:
...I wonder if the www.maxi-scoots.com site was put on the other site if the guy would ban anyone?

Now! Now! Twisted Evil

He's been good! I believe common sense has prevailed and we have all been restored; not that I bother going there unless I need to look for something specific.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 pm

No where as much traffic there as there is here, two new post in the last 24 hours as far as I can see.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Erm,

Been reading through this site for a couple of hours now, I can't help but notice how friendly and positive it all seems.

I logged onto the above site out of curiosity and the first thing I spotted was 'rules' - from previous experience gain any site that needs to state the obvious isn't somewhere I'll be visiting often.. Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:55 pm

In fairness: the Silverwing seems to be one of a few maxis of choice for those generally of more mature years.
A forum like Maxi-Scooters has a much greater age-range so need a bit more managing.
This isn't an attack on anyone or any age-group but just an observation. Wink
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 pm

How true that is Mike. I've been a part of Maxi-Scoots for some time now, I've gotten to "know" several of them rather well, even tho I've never actually met any of them. I'm not at all worried about a set of "rules", hell I got to be almost 73 without ever reading the "rule" manual for anything. Just do what is right and all will be well. :flower: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Was this previously Silverwing.com? For some reason i never knew i
seemed to be barred. Who needs another site when this one does all
it needs to and more besides.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 pm

No, this was Maxi-Scoots before. All that happened was a change of server and software. It has nothing at all to do with Silverwing.org (you are on Silverwing.com here). It is for anything that looks like, smells like or sounds like a scooter on steroids. :joker: :joker:

it is at http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/

have a look. It may or not be your cup of tea.

Last edited by joncallihan on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a link to the Maxi Scoots forum)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:10 pm

The adopted format is exactly the same as my 'other' club site - very confusing! Razz
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Old Limey,

The www.maxi-scoots.com site has nothing to do with the www.silverwing.org site. The www.maxi-scoots.com site was started by Dave when he bought his Majesty. He lives just a few miles north of San Francisco and we used to all go on group rides here in the bay area. I rode with him quite a few times early on. He then went to m/c's and kind of left the max-scoots site and concentrated on his m/c's.

It is still a good site with new administrators but is about 1/2 motorcycle and 1/2 maxi-scooter though. There is another site that is www.allsuperscooters.com site that is kind of like the www.maxi-scoots.com site before many of the main posters went to m/c's. The www.silverwings.org site is out of England and run by someone that is somewhat controlling, but still good info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now   New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Maxi-scoots.com site is up now
Page 1 of 1