Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

PGR Missions - On a Silverwing

Go down 
+2
thomphoto
DennisB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PGR Missions - On a Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi All,

Been riding on PGR missions, here Tulsa. One of the other PGR members snaped a picture of me riding my SWing. Shows my flags and driving lights...O' and me. I'm the only member here that rides a Silverwing.

PGR Missions - On a Silverwing Db10

When I first started to ride with this bunch the Harley guys turned up their noses at me being there on my scooter. After a few high speed runs on the highways, and some full throttle on ramps. Now the Harley guys are talking to me more about the scooter. Most say they are thinking about getting Silverwing's for their ladies to ride. I think they just want one but don't want to admit it.
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Looking good Dennis. Hey, I thought you had the Givi Airflo now.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Sure would like to try one someday. Until then I'll just be happy with the GIVI I have now.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Pardon my ignorance Dennis, but what's a PGR mission?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Patriot Guard Riders (PGR) http://www.patriotguard.org/
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:15 pm

DennisB wrote:
Patriot Guard Riders (PGR) http://www.patriotguard.org/

Thank you. In Canada we have nothing similar AFAIK.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:20 am

Bigbird... look at this... I think it is the Canadian site for PGR....

http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/view/topics/ForumID/180/Default.aspx

You will need to register to access the site information. I am not sure how missions are posted there, but here we get mission announcements pretty frequently. Some are welcoming home. Some are for active duty military that are killed in service. Some are past military that die of natural causes. All are honored by the PGR. (If invited by the family)
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:37 am

I just spent a few minutes looking at the Canadian information of the PGR... PGR is there, it just seems like it is not being utilized yet. Are you Canadians having many service personnel being killed or dying after serving in other wars? I know you must have some. It looks like some of you are going to have to get this started in your country. I have been going on missions here for about 3 years, but I certainly did not start the organization. Contact some of the National officers and see if you can help in Canada. It only takes one to start... more will follow. This is a very rewarding way to serve your country and honor those who have sacrificed so much for your freedom.

"Standing For Those Who Stood For Us"
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 am

Opalsboy wrote:
I just spent a few minutes looking at the Canadian information of the PGR... PGR is there, it just seems like it is not being utilized yet. Are you Canadians having many service personnel being killed or dying after serving in other wars?

We've got a steady stream of Canadian soldiers being killed by those weasel coward Taliban with their IEDs in Afghanistan. That's all I want to say.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 am

Then continue to HONOR those brave men and women now serving and those throughout history, that have given all they had for you and your country.

FREEDOM is not cheap. It's paid for by the blood, sweat, and HONOR to duty by our brave service men and woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_RJMsrIT6s
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:26 am

You got that right!
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Dennis, same problem here. I am the only scooter on missions here but get lots of interest and questions. One guy now has a burger400...so I am not alone any longer. They are unsure until they hit highway speed and they look in their mirror to see us right behind them in formation!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:25 pm

A couple of years ago I posted about a service of a homeless veteran from California that died here in a Little Rock Hospital. He had no family, only friends were the health care personnel that had cared for him during the last years of his life. Little Rock Funeral Home provided all the items of his funeral including a nice casket and all the trimmings of a very nice respectable service for a man that had served our country when he was a very young man. There were a hand full of folks standing by to say goodbye. There were almost 30 PGR members there to say thank you to a hero.

Today I received another mission notice:

RAYMOND DEAN EVANS
Army Veteran
Graveside Services with Military Honors
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 1:00PM
Arkansas State Veterans Cemetery, NLR

The Little Rock Funeral Home requests the presence of the Patriot Guard Riders to assist in paying last respects and honoring this Veteran. The Little Rock Funeral home is providing all the arrangements. The Patriot Guard has been asked to provide pall bearers and to stand flags during the service.

Mr. Evans was homeless and has no record of family.
Mission Location is the Arkansas State Veteran’s Cemetery
1501 Maryland Ave. North Little Rock

I won't ride my scooter there Tuesday, but I will be there to say again,
Thank you Mr. Evans. You are a hero. Thank you for keeping me safe.

God bless all you veterans everywhere.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Gary,

I know not if you have seen the movie DRAGON HART. But you are a REAL Knight of the old code PGR Missions - On a Silverwing 126978 and a good friend.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 am

Kim and I ride our SilverWings on PGR missions. We are joined by a couple that ride a Reflex (hers) and a Burgman 400, as well as a gentleman on a SYM 200.

The common denominators between us and those who ride more traditional bikes are that we all ride and we ride together for a common purpose.

Quite honestly as much as we all try to find differences and to be different from each other, we are more alike than we realize.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PGR Missions - On a Silverwing   PGR Missions - On a Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PGR Missions - On a Silverwing
Page 1 of 1