Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rear View Mirror Built into helmet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Rear View Mirror Built into helmet Empty
PostSubject: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 pm

The Reevu helmet with built in rear view mirror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFla-d1lKA&NR=1

http://www.reevu.com/index.asp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMSXgB3PVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeLjsUZtBHQ&NR=1
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Just the thing to watch your backside, don't have to twist your neck. Made for stiff necked people, or those who are just lazy to turn their heads.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 am

Got an email today saying that the Reevu helmet (helmet with built in rear view mirror) is available for 249 pounds plus 20 pounds for international shipping ( http://www.vision-helmets.com/ ). Can anyone share their experience with this helmet (or please do so should you get one). Thanks. SF, California.
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 am

Interesting idea but I would want to know much more before plunking down $$.

I would want to know if they have a drop down sun visor or if the system precludes that. I find a drop down sun visor crucial when heading into the sun. I can't see carrying a spare face shield and swapping back and forth at sunset as I drive under shady stretches vs. sunny sections. And I want a modular.

Is this helmet DOT and Snell certified? I am also wondering about the effect of braking glass inside your helmet if you crash...

Now that I am thinking about it, I have an after market backup camera ($99) on my truck. When I find time I may move it to the bike to see how effective that is.

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:41 pm

There is no glass used in the Reevu.
No it does not have an internal dropdown sun visor.
Internal sun visors have to retract somewhere, and where they normally
retract to would interfere with the path of the optics.
A modular is impossible due to the fact the flipup would also interfere with the path of the optics.

As for certifications, last I heard (about a year ago) they were working on the US certs, but the european certs they already recieved were much tougher.

If you are truly interested, email them.

Dan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 pm

crahar wrote:
Just the thing to watch your backside, don't have to twist your neck. Made for stiff necked people, or those who are just lazy to turn their heads.
Craig

People use mirrors when driving cars, vans, lorries etc. I certainly don't consider it 'lazy' using them instead of turning my head to look behind me. Also it is so much quicker to go from looking ahead, glance in the mirrors, back to looking ahead. The positives certainly outweigh the negatives (no internal dark visor).

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear View Mirror Built into helmet   Rear View Mirror Built into helmet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear View Mirror Built into helmet
Page 1 of 1