Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
creamcrackered
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-03-08

BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! Empty
PostSubject: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:13 am

Hi Guys, there is a thread about TT2 on Maxi Muppets, so i thought i'd bring this kit to you attention.

i've used satnav from early days of my business on a PDA, no post code input, and which took about 10 minutes to work out a 5 mile route, and could not auto re-route lol!

but i found it was always a blessing even in that basic form, especially for general area's where you already know are but not all the roads or traffic systems within them.

being East London born, for me SW London is a nightmare to work out the one way systems etc. i've often finish work very late and exhausted, i don't want to then fiddle with maps in the gloom of my cab, when not having much of a clue on how to get home. so what is better than pressing a few buttons for ease of use?

today i have TT6 on a MDA Touch Diamond Smartphone (WM6.1), and Nokia Maps on a N95 8GB, and even on regular trips in the Van i have one or other active to warn of cameras and traffic problems ahead, which is a lot quicker and more accurate than any local radio - and vital on any trip on the blessed and beloved M25.

if you like me I often get client calls early morning, and they always seem to wait until i've got my helmet and glove's on, just about to move off when the phone rings Sad, if i don't answer or switch it off i risk missing a vital call or perhaps to cancel/postpone the visit i'm just going to, if i ignore they will usually persist in keep ringing me.

so About 2 years back, i bought the Scala Rider Solo V1 headset from Maplin's spotted on 'special offer'. This is Scala's basic mono BT Headset for crash helmets. works fine as such for the phone calls, but would not work with the MIO A701 handset or MDA Touch for TT5/6 comments or play stored Music, while on the N95 (bought for its louder ring) It will relay comments from Nokia's MAPs software, but not music.

a few weeks back i spotted this kit (link below), you will note it looks very similar to the Scala models and fixed in the same manor, very quick postage from Vendor. i installed it today - have to say WOW just don't cut it!!! works astonishingly well with both of my smart phones in every aspect, and even has an FM radio built in (so the times when i got stuck in a jam having missed the radio traffic reports to explain why and how serious the delay have now gone). bags of volume to boot. there is even a link lead supplied for connecting an MP3 player with earphone output and you can even intercom between like headsets, all for £45.00 posted.

if you look, be careful as they sell various types including twin intercom only units ideal for those who have regular pillions, or for group ride outs where higher power BT range is required,

follow this link,

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lapsun-gift_Car-Motorcycle
Bike-Parts_W0QQ_fsubZ747939010QQ_sidZ827729720QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

regs
Alan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:34 am

Hello Creamcrackered,

Cheeky so and so even uses a Scala Rider picture in their advert.

Another Chinese clone.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
creamcrackered
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

must admit very similar looking, so i'm surprised Scala have not jumped on them for copyright.

my advice is get them quick jut in case, as they are easily 4 times better and 50% cheaper.

playing music over the BT connection is very good, while i was setting it up and testing, i was bopping about my lounge to Satus Quo and i did not hear my neighbor knocking on the door, only noticed when she looked in through the window - a well now any rep i had for sanity is well torn to shreds lol!

regs
Alan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Me and a mate use a Cellularline Interphone Headsets. Bluetooth and we get excellent comms up to 60 mph and 400 yard separation and we still get crystal clear sound. Connect as hands free to my mobile phone and my mate connects to his TomTom Rider II with it.

They do appear to be a good price though on Ebay for anyone looking for that sort of equipment.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
creamcrackered
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:25 pm

really no need to change what already works well for you,

the low price actually made me feel very wary at 1st (been stung by Ebay wonders in the past), then i thought bugger it i wanted to solve what was a problem as i can afford the risk i ordered them - and darn glad i did, they just work so brilliantly with excellent loudness sound quality for over BT for music.

there are various versions available to suit most needs, mixed or intercom only with some claimed as having 500 meters range.

i can't prove it, me being a 'billy no mates' usually when i ride, i don't have a need to share intercom's, this makers kit has that feature with multiple sets.

regs
Alan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Hello Alan,

Intercoms have changed our riding excursions to an amazing degree. No more trying to get the attention of the other one if he is leading. Changes to plans, comfort breaks, coffee breaks etc, all discussed whilst still on the move if needs be.

A little trick of ours when stationary in traffic, as we both have white modular (flip front) helmets it scars the s*** out of some people if we raise the front of our lids and see we have boom microphones - must think we are unmarked plod! They usually let you go off in front of them when the traffic starts to move.

If you do ever find someone to ride with you can always communicate via mobile (Orange Magic Number - an hour per day for free).

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
creamcrackered
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:37 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Hello Alan,

If you do ever find someone to ride with you can always communicate via mobile (Orange Magic Number - an hour per day for free).

Cheers,

really good tip, should be in the 'how to' section imo.

i've been searching for some time for a really good solution, the Scala Solo is good but no voice comms to TT6 using bluetooth.

it meant to hear i had to use the phones ear bud hands free kit, no the best option,really uncomfortable and annoying if i caught the wires.

HTC Touch handset has only a Mini USB port, no separate headphone output, so to listen at the same time i can not charge the phone. that means to keep the phone working i'm watching the display more for guidance, obviously this could be a dangerous distraction even given as careful as i am.

i also bought a Nokia N95 8Gb mainly for its louder ring when working on building sites, to find the voice prompts work on Nokia MAPS. which s not bad for most at a few quid to reister, but imo not as good or easy to use as TT6.

i'm on T-Mobile, i have 2 handsets on a joint contract, one for the strife's and my phone, tariff gives shared minutes and unlimited free calls between us. a bonus is free calls even if one handset is in Europe as long as the other handset is in the UK so great to keep in touch for those who's kids go abroad, and i reckon excellent for those who have a regular partner for rides.

deep breath as now i'm going to look really really sad Wink

a program on Sky 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' (see what i mean about sad lol!) in some episodes they use their phone handsets as intercoms between the group.

think they are motorola, not sure if they are using blue tooth or the network for comms but either would be another good way

my n95 has a 'external sim' in its options, no idea what it is about but wondered if it was the same thing.

regs
Alan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:03 am

Alan,

I've heard / read somewhere about mobiles being used as intercoms (PMRs) but I think all the service providers (Orange, O2, Vodaphone, etc) have this feature disabled. I can't find it in the Nokia menu. It would probably be Bluetooth but that is an uneducated guess! I'll have a look on the internet.

BTW - Yes watching DTBH is sad in the extreme!! BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! Icon_exclaim
Back to top Go down
creamcrackered
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:20 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Alan,

BTW - Yes watching DTBH is sad in the extreme!! BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! Icon_exclaim

rotten swine lol!

i chatted to a phone technical guy today, he says that is a service offered by American Providers but on on UIK handsets Sad.

regs
Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!   BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BT Headset works with TT6 on Smart Phones - yippee!
Page 1 of 1