Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? Empty
PostSubject: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:42 am

Ether it was straght line wind or a mini tornado came through Glenpool last night. Allot of trees got taken down to the ground and allot of homes were hit by flying tree parts this morning. About 4:45 AM is when it hit us. My trees did well and all I needed is to pic up some small branches.

On the up side, Chain saw sales will be up and fire wood will be cheep this fall for a few weeks.

These are pictures of just south of my home.

Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? Wind310

Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? Wind210
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:45 pm

no tornado sirens?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:58 pm

I was asleep at 4:45 AM when this hit and I sure did not hear any.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Dennis I pray no one was injured or lost life. I do no the feeling as i set in my garage with the Swing on the lift last year and a tornado that didn't touch down past through my street, actully lifted my garage door up partially and I went over and shut it and latched it, just set down on my work stool and all heck broke loose. Part of a tree came thru the roof of the garage, knocking things off the wall, the rain coming thru was like Niagra Falls and my heart racing a tad faster than it should. Niether the Swing nor the Gwing received any damage. Made a mess and i soaked a few shop manuals but no injuries in our neighborhood. Looked a lot like you pictures. I helped my neighbor put a tarp ove the hole in his roof after I had mine under control. Our street was a mess.
I also grew up in Oklahoma and spent many a night in cellars. Take care, Dick
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:20 pm

dickie,

Just the anxitey level during this time of year is a killer. Makes my heart race.. and we have more storms coming in tonight.

I like the lightning, thunder, and the rain but they can keep the strong wind.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:04 pm

It's pretty rare that we get twisters up my way, but on occaision it happens. We have had severe winters here the past few years but I cannot imagine what a tornado would be like! Glad you are ok.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:09 am

Dennis, Wow, that was close. I did not hear of any injuries,so, either I missed the news, or God blessed yall again. I did see a Fox News Report that showed a picture of a neighborhood similar to yours with a downed tree blocking the street. It is that time of year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?   Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Tornado or what happen to our TREES?
Page 1 of 1