Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:31 am

» New to Me Swing
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dovahkiin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2022-05-09

Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Empty
PostSubject: Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey   Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 2:01 am

A friend of mine and I spent the weekend dismantling my Silverwing.

This was our first time dismantling a vehicle, let alone a motorcycle.

Follow my pictorial journey to see what unfolded...

First, we had to remove the plastic fairing surrounding the frame.
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_16

The Silverwing may be score well in areas like comfort and handling, but it's a real hassle to remove its fairing, especially the front!

I proceeded to remove the front fender...
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_17

and my electrical components like the relay pieces and rectifier. I kept these as spares. I cut through the wire harness as I was not intending to keep it. I did keep the ECU unit though.
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_19
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_18

Digging deeper, I removed the air intake box & throttle body to access the starter motor. This is a key component that I also intended to keep as a spare part.
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Captur11

Of course, not forgetting the CVT transmission. Pretty dirty if I do say so myself!
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_21

This is the Silverwing without its fairing and underseat box. I'd like to think that the chassis could be chopped up to be converted into a cruiser!
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_20

Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_22

And lastly, the engine and chassis (which are required by government law to be scrapped) at the government-appointed scrapyard. Cheers for the 24,000km clocked in.
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_23
Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey Photo_24
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey   Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 6:50 am

Good job in dismantling it. I still disagree with a government dictate that forces you to take a perfectly good vehicle off the road. I guess there’s no provisions there for classic cars and bikes.
Back to top Go down
dovahkiin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2022-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey   Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 7:21 am

Erdoc48 wrote:
Good job in dismantling it. I still disagree with a government dictate that forces you to take a perfectly good vehicle off the road. I guess there’s no provisions there for classic cars and bikes.

There is a classic vehicle scheme in Singapore. However, the Silverwing is still considered new enough to not be a "vintage".

I quote from the transport authority's website on what constitutes a classic vehicle: "Classic vehicles must be at least 35 years old from their original registration date. Older cars, motorcycles and scooters manufactured before 1 January 1940 are classified under the Vintage Vehicle Scheme."

Link to website as reference: https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/vehicle-types-and-registrations/car/classic-car.html
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey   Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 3:40 pm

Well, it's a sorry sight. However, a look underneath the tupperware is always interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey   Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dismantled my FJS4002; a pictorial journey
Page 1 of 1