Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» noise under load
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to me SW!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
africa1228
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
africa1228

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2023-04-19

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 8:09 pm

I just recently bought my Swing. It has 16000km in the clock. I've been checking everything because when I bought it, it had a leak in one front seal. I made a homemade piece of plastic from a milk carton to insert down under the seal and removed the dirt and it stopped the leak, but I am still getting up the nerve to remove those forks and replace the seal, so I have only taken her on short trips so far. I also need to check the belt. Would love some advice on what to look for to decide if I need to replace it or not. Aside from the front fork dust covers having small hairline cracks, most of the rubber (hoses, rubber boots, etc.) seem very pliable and in great condition still. I bought the bike for about $2300US. All the Tupperware looks great, a few scratches that I buffed out and a few that can't be but nothing major. Practically looks brand new. Drives well, great bike. Haven't seen another on the road.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:30 am

Africa, I moved your post as it did not really fit in Summer rides. To help you it would be helpful to give us the year of your Wing!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
africa1228
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
africa1228

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 9:29 am

Thanks. The ye a r is 2006
Back to top Go down
K-Hill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2022-09-07

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 9:38 am

If you're unsure of the belt age/mileage, replace it. Cheap insurance. I have an '06 as well I got in NOV '22. Replaced the belt, fluids, tires, fork seals and fluid, rear shocks. She rides great now.
Back to top Go down
africa1228
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
africa1228

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 11:40 am

Thanks K-hill. I've replaced all the fluids (brake, radiator, oil, transmission) and repaired the front fork leaks. Big difference now that the forks are repaired.
The oil was very dirty, the fork oil was different in each fork, one fork had a black smelly oil and the other a redish colored oil. I can only think that someone repaired one fork leak before and not the other.
I added a power outlet in the locked glove box as well.
Back to top Go down
K-Hill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2022-09-07

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 11:44 am

What did you use for the power outlet? Mine needs one. Smile
Back to top Go down
africa1228
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
africa1228

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 pm

I bought a power outlet off Temu for $6. It's a bit big for the hole that is for the power outlet in the locked glove box and I had to use a 1" spade drill to make the hole bigger, but there is room for the hole to be enlarged.
I actually bought two power outlets. One that a USB Quick Charge 3.0 outlet, and the other just a standard cigarette lighter outlet. The quick charge outlet I installed in the glove box. I will install the 12v cigarette light type outlet under the seat to power other types of things I  might use in the future. I ran the wires for the outlet following the wire harness back to the fuse box. Right now I used a fuse tap, but I will add a third fuse box somewhere later when I get a chance and run all accessory wiring back to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to me SW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me SW!   New to me SW! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to me SW!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: