Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Back in the saddle, again!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back in the saddle, again! Empty
PostSubject: Back in the saddle, again!   Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 8:42 am

I took a ride out to the Lund, Nevada cemetery. It's about 33 miles from Ely, Nevada (my summer place). Normally an easy ride... I went today because it's supposed to be windy and rainy tomorrow. Joke was on me 😂 . Very windy in spots and poured for a spell. Oh well if you don't want to get rained on then don't ride on two wheels!!!

I changed the oil and filter on the Forza today so wanted to give it a run, it performed great, naturally.

Back in the saddle, again! Lund111

Last edited by GHM-PM on Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle, again!   Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 8:50 am

I won't volunteer for rain. If it's raining I'll drive my pickup. If I get caught in the rain while on a ride so be it.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle, again!   Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 12:22 pm

Sounds great. I don't mind riding in the rain; all the sights and smells change, not to mention the extra vigilance required.

Please tell me you were carrying your waterproofs!
Back to top Go down
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle, again!   Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 10:10 pm

Recalling fondly my first year commuting from Richmond Hill to Toronto, either taking country roads into the city or the highway in or out, sometimes it would start off rainy, or even cold rain, but it was always better then my previous experience taking the busses and subway, two hours each way to work which drove me to buy a scooter in the first place! It was blessed freedom and I regret not the super cold mornings making me drink mochas from Tim Horton's before work in early Spring and Fall.

My Mechanic was completely surprised that I put on 30 000 km my first year with the Swing. Those were gritty and determined travelling days. These days it's a 5 min ride to work and I have a beaded seat, heated handles, living complete swing luxury, softer now - but have never forgotten our workhorse years and figuring out the problems that came from that.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle, again!   Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 8:40 am

Loosemarbles wrote:

Please tell me you were carrying your waterproofs!

If you read the above it was NOT supposed to rain until the following day... So I got wet haha. Fortunately the temps were in the 70-80 degree range. I just rode on through and let the air dry me out!!! I had a jacket, gloves and helmet so I was fine! I just thought it was funny though, the best laid plans etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in the saddle, again!   Back in the saddle, again! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in the saddle, again!
Page 1 of 1