Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it Empty
PostSubject: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 12:22 pm

After my trials and tribulations with fans running on and a jambed fork tube (see previous threads) all to get the hyperpro springs fitted I've finally got out for a ride to see if it was worth it.
For me it is a definite oh yes.
After a test ride over the moors (mostly 50-70mph) I can happily say the bike is much more stable in the corners and the damping much improved over road undulations.
On thing other hand up to about 30mph it is harsh, if my riding was mostly through town I would stick to the stock suspension.
At the end of the day the Silverwing's suspension isn't very sophisticated, and it doesn't need to be, but it can be easily improved although there will always be compromise - it's never going to give a GS type magic carpet ride.
I'm a happy bunny 🙂
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 8:15 pm

Hi steve_h80.
To be fair to Hyperpro's there only dealing with 50% of a scooters handling issues, the other 50% being the back shocks. You don't state if they are OEM or aftermarket ?
Just want to add my few pennies worth of aftermarket rears.
When I acquired my 09 Swing it came fitted with Hagons, which I had read  were a very good replacement to improve OEMs. Because one of the fork seals decided to split and loose oil I decided to rebuild the forks and use Hyperpro springs after much research here.
Once fitted the improvement to the front was obvious, as you said. But the bike still seemed harsh to me.
To cut a long story short I decided to retire the Hagons to the spares shelf and having already previously bought a YSS rear mono shock for my Burgman,  went down the same path of fitting YSS replacements for the Swing.
On unpacking it was noted that the YSS come pre loaded, on comparison with the Hagons I noted they were 15mm shorter(because there angled that means about 10mm less ride height)meaning it was harder to put the Swing on the centre stand. I also noted the Hagons preload was 20mm more than the YSS. So I set them to match the Hagons.
Well, first ride was like a different bike, so much smoother. more importantly, easier to get on the centre stand.
Having compression tested the Hagons all I can say is they are hopelessly over sprung, even on their softest setting, gone is the harshness and skipping, now its very comfortable to ride whatever the surface.
As I said just my experience of 2 rated after market shocks.

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen and heard!

Last edited by JohnyC on Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 11:49 am

I changed out the shocks to Hagons a few years back because the bike was bottoming out when riding two up. We are at the upper reaches of the weight limit two up and the roads up here tend to be bumpy so the increased spring rate is right for us.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Interesting, I had a Silver Wing for eight years, kept it in standard trim apart from changing the screen to an Airflow and fitting a Givi rear rack and top box. I toured two up with Mrs M to Northern Germany, the Harz, and a few other places.

All I did was up the tyre pressures and rear shock settings when carrying a passenger and that was it. No problems whatsoever with forks, rear shocks, or anything. Whether I was on motorway/autobahn, rural roads, the Harz biker routes etc.

I often wonder why all this fettling is necessary, fitting Iridium plugs was about as tech as I got. When I px'd it for the Forza back in 2018, I got top dollar for it because I'd kept it clean, bog standard, and it didn't have a aftermarket silencer on it.

Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 3:57 am

As I stated earlier it was to stop the bike bottoming out on the shocks. Solo it was fine, two up not so, but it all depends on where and how you ride.
You've possibly eat less pies than us Meldrew 🙂
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 5:31 am

It's surprising how many pies I do eat, since they are part of the ride to dine project that I've been doing for the last six months or so. I was out of the county yesterday to a place that's only been open a few weeks and ordered two. One week when I was on a roll I was out at three different places in a week and had two pies at each venue After that I dialled it back to once a week.

Add to that repeat visits to my favourite places I estimate I've eaten five dozen pies since I started, and now the days are longer and the weather is improving, there's at least two more places on my to do list.

In that period I've both lost and gained weight and my Forza's suspension is fine. I've mentioned before the rear shock settings are still the same as when I picked it up new.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2023 7:10 am

I think the finest pies I have sampled are from the Lochinver Larder.
Admittedly it is a long way to go from this side of Hadrian's Wall, but any excuse for a ride up Scotlands west side is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it   Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyperpro fork spring kit - is it worth it
Page 1 of 1