Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!

Go down 
+3
Cosmic_Jumper
sonuvabug
Jonathan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonathan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-03-08

First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 2:01 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Jonathan, I’m 22 and I currently own 2 2003 Silverwings (Both red) down in Fayetteville Arkansas!

I bought my first Silverwing at 18k miles in January (Maintenance well with new fluids and no issues) & she runs like a dream! I started with a 50cc moped to a vitacci clash 200cc and now the Silverwing600 & man it’s super fun!

I just bought my 2nd 03 silverwing 2 days ago for a super cheap price! I traveled from Fayetteville to Texarkana, TX (4 1/2 hour drive & another back haha) to pick it up. The issue is that it has been sitting since 2019 because the original owner passed away & because of that, the mileage is a complete mystery until I get it on (They also told me that it’s been running perfectly beforehand). I’ll be bringing it back to life for the next month or two on my free time and I am up for the challenge. I will be recording my process for Youtube to keep a record on what I’ve done & hopefully show everyone the restoration process!

I have a general idea on what will need to be done but any suggestions and/or advice will be much appreciated!

Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 3:37 pm

Welcome aboard the board Jonathan. Have ridden down your way around Eureka Springs, AR ... wonderful roads and countryside.

Lots of knowledgeable members here on this site and lots of good information found within the threads. Make "Search" your friend and if you don't find the answer, simply post up in the appropriate forum and someone will be sure to reach out to you.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 4:10 pm

Hello Jonathan. Welcome to the forum.

Not to throw cold water on your enthusiasm but don’t be surprised to discover a completely gummed up —if not rusted— fuel tank and fuel level sending unit. Four years of inactivity can turn the fuel to sludge. Best to siphon out the fuel as best you can now. Then add a bottle of Seafoam before refilling.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 4:34 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello Jonathan. Welcome to the forum.

Not to throw cold water on your enthusiasm but don’t be surprised to discover a completely gummed up —if not rusted— fuel tank and fuel level sending unit. Four years of inactivity can turn the fuel to sludge. Best to siphon out the fuel as best you can now. Then add a bottle of Seafoam before refilling.

Oh I am fully expecting that, especially with how hot Texas can get haha. Thank you for the info!
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 6:34 pm

Welcome to the Forum Jonathan, from the UK.
Don't be afraid to ask, just shout out, gives us old ones something to do for the day lol.
look forward to reading your adventures in the Swing world.

Be safe, be seen!

1999 Burgman AN 400
2009 Silverwing FJS600 ABS
Both Silver.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 7:29 am

Welcome Jonathan! Enjoy your Wings and I believe you are one of our youngest members! Greetings from Arizona!
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 7:41 am

Once you clean out the fuel tank (ps where the fuel filter/pump and sending unit is, the bikes are very dependable.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 1:25 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Welcome Jonathan! Enjoy your Wings and I believe you are one of our youngest members! Greetings from Arizona!

Thank you all for having me!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 2:42 pm

2 Silverwings at 22yrs old. Do you have to check the licence plate to discover which one you're riding?

Welcome along. Ditto the above. Most, if not all, of what you need to know will be hanging around on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!   First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First post - Owner of 2 Swings - Hey all!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: