Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New driver on classic Silverwing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverwing65NL
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing65NL

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2022-08-01

New driver on classic Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: New driver on classic Silverwing   New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 5:37 am

Got again on the motorbike in 2005, 40 years old (midlife...). Drove Yamaha Diversion XJ 900 and after a few years changed to a Honda NT 700 Deauville. A very comfortable machine, "my Honda armchair", I called it. Used it for driving to work as well as for some short tours in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

Alas, I got involved in a highway-accident in november 2020. My beloved bike was total-loss and I suffered serious damage on my right leg and body side. It took me 5 weeks hospital and quite some time thereafter to recover and to decide whether I would be on two wheels again. This spring I decided to do so. I compared Suzuki Burgman, Yamaha Majesty and Honda Silverwing. Eventually I found my Silverwing (Honda, what else...?) in the dusty back of a carport in the Dutch city of Ede. Got it early june, it took me some weeks to polish and restore it, but oh my, what a joy it is!

It's a FJA (no ABS!) Silverwing 2001 wineberry (metallic) red. It already gave me a lot of good moments, driving in the 'polders' of Zuid-Holland. I am very glad I choose this motorscooter, it's very comfortable and it's a nice combination between bike and city-scooter. Handy, as I live in The Hague, quite a busy Dutch city.

I hope to learn a lot about my Silverwing on this forum. Thanks for having me here!
Attachments
New driver on classic Silverwing AttachmentHonda Silverwing Ruud.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(75 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New driver on classic Silverwing   New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 7:04 am

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your introduction.

The Search window here on the forum is the way to find lots of good information from previous discussions. And there are lots of helpful members here who are happy to answer questions as well— just ask.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New driver on classic Silverwing   New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 7:18 am

Congratulations on a great looking scooter! They are surprisingly easy to maintain too, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New driver on classic Silverwing   New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 1:52 pm

Welcome to the BEST SWing forum on the net. Yes, the Search Box on the top left, and the members here are your best bet on solving your problem. More than likely someone has had the same problem and will help you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New driver on classic Silverwing   New driver on classic Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New driver on classic Silverwing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: