Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Howdy from South Georgia!

Go down 
+3
Dale N.
sonuvabug
Quackotron
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Quackotron
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2022-02-23

Howdy from South Georgia! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 4:52 pm

Like the title says.. Howdy from South Georgia.

I recently bought my first scooter, a 2004 Silverwing with 3,600 miles on it. Only paid $2,600 for it, so I think I got a gem of a deal there.

The only other motorcycle type thing I've ever driven before this was some little 49 CC thing that a neighbor kid had way back when we were teenagers.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and getting to know my new-to-me scoot. =D
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 am

Welcome aboard the board Q and thanks for your intro.  One friend you should reach out to here is "Search".  Very informative and useful tool as you climb your learning curve.  Of course, site members are always ready to step up when necessary.
Back to top Go down
Quackotron
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 12:00 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, Bug! I'll definitely be making use of the search function for both here and YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Welcome Q to the BEST SWing forum in the Universe!! I haven't had anyone from another planet tell me otherwise so I guess it's true. Lots of info here with people ready and willing to help. Sounds like you got a nice SWing!!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Well Dale, "sometimes its enough to make you wonder if you're on the right planet"!

Hope you enjoy being back on two wheels Q. For me, the SW was a great return to biking after a long break. Welcome thumbs up
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 6:20 pm

If I had known about that scooter it would not be yours.  Sounds like a good deal.  My Southern Cruisers Jacksonville, FL group rides up to Southeast Georgia several times per year. We have weekend rides and our Geezers who are mostly retirees usually ride on Wednesdays.  I will include the website link in case you might want to try to meet up sometime.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=barny&nav=start&prettyurl=%2Fbarny%2Fstart
Back to top Go down
Quackotron
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 7:22 pm

@Dale: Yeah, I think I did. It's got a little battle damage to the fairings in places, but overall it runs like a dream so far. Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way.

@LooseMarbles: I'm having loads of fun with it so far. Though I'm still just cruising it around my yard to get used to it. It's a lot heavier than the only other motorcycle I've ridden.. Thank you for the warm welcome also.

@WingMan: Don't blame you at all for saying that. It seems like I got a sweetheart of a deal. And thanks for the link. I might look your group up some time if they come my way. As is, I don't know anyone with a motorcycle that I could ride with.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 7:46 pm

Quackotron wrote:
(Snip)
I'm having loads of fun with it so far.  Though I'm still just cruising it around my yard to get used to it. 
(Snip)
Oh Q. That’ll never do. Get out and ride. Put some highway miles down. There’s a huge difference in the way the Silverwing feels & handles on the road vs at slow speeds.

For slow speeds go practice in a parking lot. And do take a MSF course.
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 8:11 pm

Q: If you need parts in a hurry try Partzilla because they have distribution out of Albany, GA. It will cost more but the speed is worth it.

Tim: I just learned something about the forum. I typed a message and hit send. You made an entry ahead of me. Your message came through but mine disappeared. There are several possible solutions: I need to type faster, you need to stop making entries, one or both of us needs to get on his scooter and enjoy the day.
Back to top Go down
Quackotron
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 5:39 am

@Wingman: Partzilla, I'll keep that in mind for sure. But for now I'm fine with having some damaged plastic bits on the scoot. I'll probably keep the damaged fairing for a while, till I get good and comfortable with the bike. I'd feel a lot better about dropping/damaging already damaged bits over scraping up shiny brand new stuffs. Smile
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 8:58 am

Quackotron wrote:
... snipped ... But for now I'm fine with having some damaged plastic bits on the scoot.  I'll probably keep the damaged fairing for a while, till I get good and comfortable with the bike.  

I've used bikestrippers out of Melbourne FL and they were great.
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 9:26 am

Quackotron wrote:
@Wingman:  Partzilla, I'll keep that in mind for sure.  But for now I'm fine with having some damaged plastic bits on the scoot.  I'll probably keep the damaged fairing for a while, till I get good and comfortable with the bike.  I'd feel a lot better about dropping/damaging already damaged bits over scraping up shiny brand new stuffs.  Smile

Q, first welcome aboard the site and the new ride. I've noticed through the years getting comfortable or too comfortable with the ride can get one in trouble just a fast as a newbie. The MSF course is a good thought also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from South Georgia!   Howdy from South Georgia! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy from South Georgia!
Page 1 of 1