Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

200 Miles Up!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

200 Miles Up! Empty
PostSubject: 200 Miles Up!   200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 11:14 am

200 Miles Up!

I'm amazed just how quickly the 200-mile mark on the clock has come up. I have now done four trips over to Bike Night at the Dun Cow which have used up nearly 80 miles but even so!

The latest trip there was yesterday evening; I left home around 5.15. in the dark and it was a good test of the headlight's efficiency as I had several miles on unlit country roads. It's a bit unnerving as my maximum speed of 45 MPH is 25 MPH below the speed limit but it was obvious the rear light is plainly visible – I was passed by several cars, all of which gave me plenty or room.
The headlight is excellent, both on dip and full beam. I say no more.

The Friday before last, after my regular trip down to church in the morning, I decided to ride along the sea-front. Instead of turning up towards home as I rode I went further. It was just like going for a ride on my bike when I was a boy; aimlessly riding for the hell of it. It was a lovely morning but I have found the scooter is fine, even in the gale-force winds we've had recently. It also affords a reasonable level of protection from the rain.

I made a list of three specific points just after my first report – things I forgot to write. Needless to say, I've lost the list and can remember only two of the points.

First: I can just get both feet flat on the ground when stationary. It's not particularly important but it does make sitting at traffic-lights very comfortable.

Second: This is far more important and about par for the course for fat people on P2Ws. The mirrors don't stick out far enough! In a way, it doesn't matter but I do want to know what's behind when I'm out of the 40 MPH limits. I have bought mirror extenders, supposedly right for the job, but I need a couple of adaptors – they were ordered today and will arrive tomorrow.

Not directly to do with the scooter: I noticed that the topbox lock had come loose. I think I was lucky it hadn't fallen out on my way back yesterday evening. I've tightened it up now so it should be okay. I'll be aware in future. I'm still glad I bought the big box. Friends have remarked that it looks 'right' although it's big.

I'll think of the third thing in due course.

I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

200 Miles Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 200 Miles Up!   200 Miles Up! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 1:57 pm

Sounds like you had a good time. It's nice to have a bike you like and can count on.

My son and I did about a 150-200 mile ride yesterday. It was about 70 degrees which made for a nice day. He sure loves his "new" Suzuki !! Riding season will be done here probably until next spring. The weekend is supposed to be nice but then the temp drops off into the 30s.
Back to top Go down

200 Miles Up!
Page 1 of 1