Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
james7652
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:04 pm

I have purchased but not installed a Tow Pac Mini-Trike conversion kit for my 2006 Silver Wing, for my wife to ride. It will be installed by Tow-Pac, where they are made, in Illinois. Today, while visiting my Honda dealer, the service department told me that they had repaired 2-3 Silver Wings that had the Tow Pac kit istalled, because it caused the frame to break. I can probably cancel that order and get a refund, if necessary. What have you hear about Tow Pac (12" wheels) installed on Silver Wings. Please help me with your advice!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:57 pm

james7652 wrote:
Today, while visiting my Honda dealer, the service department told me that they had repaired 2-3 Silver Wings that had the Tow Pac kit istalled, because it caused the frame to break.

I would ask Tow Pac if the bracket or Tow Pac could be mis-installed? I would expect the answer to be no.

I would ask the Honda dealer if all of the frame breaks were in the same are of the frame.
Back to top Go down
edwardwr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 am

James,

We put a Tow-Pac kit on my wifes SW last spring and she has put about 4500 miles on it without a problem. One thing I would ask the dealer who has mentioned the breaks is if they were on the vertical portion on the frame where a hole is drilled with two different size bits. If so maybe someone just made one size (large) hole without paying attention to the directions or maybe forgot the bushing.
One thing you need to watch, if your installing, is alignment. If you do not set it up properly it will flat out eat up tires. Good news is if you do that they are about $44 at Farm and Fleet installed, don't ask me how I know.....

She loves her kit and the darn thing is a little rocket ship, I love putting on a suit and placing a briefcase on the back as I troll for Harleys at stoplights. Small, wave and roll the throttle on, bye bye...

With her short legs it was either Tow-Pac or 2 up on my Goldwing.

Ed

2004 Swing, Tow-pac with givi bags, LED light kits, J&M CB + intercom, Driving lights, Throttle boss and foam grips, givi windshield, headlamp/brake lamp modulators, 100 Db horn, Sat Radio, leg skirts, gel seat, the list goes on.......
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:21 pm

It's surprising how many of us Goldwingers also have a Silverwing or other maxi-scooter as a stablemate. If it weren't for long road trips my Silverwing would be getting more miles per year than the GW. As it is they are probably pretty close to equal. It's just too easy to jump on the SW when an errand needs running.
Back to top Go down
james7652
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: I think I have my solution!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:08 pm

I cancelled the order for the TowPac. My buddy is buying my 2006 Silver Wing. I just bought my wife a 2006 Silver Wing with only 2500 miles on it that already has a Voyager Trike Kit on it, which from what I have seen, is a nicer conversion anyway. So, I think everything will be just fine!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Congratulations on the new trike Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! Icon_cheers hope she gets many thousands of safe riding Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! 744535 with the S/W,good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!   Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tow Pac & Silver Wing.....HELP!!!!!
Page 1 of 1