Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie (to this site)

Go down 
+2
DennisB
Ozarkred
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozarkred
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ozarkred

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Newbie (to this site) Empty
PostSubject: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am

Hello,
My name is Glenn Scheer, and Dennis B's Swing is identical to mine, if it is an 08. After Hondamatics in both sizes, two Helix, and two Swings, the best bike for me is my Swing.
I live in the Ozark Mountains, with every road being a good one to ride. And, as Swing is my primary transportation, I have ridden her from Rolla, Missouri to Oklahoma City, and south across the Tahlimena Drive, and up and down highway 7, from the Arkansas border to North Little Rock, and to Petite Jean state Park, at Morrilton. And, if you have not ridden to Petite Jean State Park, it is a ride you might want to consider, as is the Tahlimena Drive ride.
I'm 64 years old, and must ride an automatic. As it has turned out, I "get" to ride an automatic. There is just nothing difficult, nothing negative, about not having a clutch to work on the left side of the bike.
As I am semi-retired, I get to ride a great deal. But, I need to ride during the week, as I work on Saturdays, and Sundays.
If there are riders (is a rider) close to me, I'd like to meet up for a ride. I'm located northwest of Eureka Springs, northeast of Fayetteville, southwest of Springfield, and 9 miles from Roaring River State Park. the town is Seligman, Missouri, 2.8 miles north of the MO/AR border, on highway 37. And, my extended rides can be no more than two days, one night, because of my animals here on my farmette.
If you are interested on a ride, (obviously when it warms up) write glennscheer1945@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://glennscheer.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 am

Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the forum.

Been to your neck of the woods many times and sure would enjoy going back. You'll have some great roads out your way. Also been down to Tahlimena Drive a few times and camped at Cedar Lake, a few times, pretty country.

Glad to have you onboard.

COME ON SPRING!!!!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 am

Ozarkred wrote:
I live in the Ozark Mountains, with every road being a good one to ride. And, as Swing is my primary transportation, I have ridden her from Rolla, Missouri to Oklahoma City, and south across the Tahlimena Drive, and up and down highway 7, from the Arkansas border to North Little Rock, and to Petite Jean state Park, at Morrilton. And, if you have not ridden to Petite Jean State Park, it is a ride you might want to consider, as is the Tahlimena Drive ride.

Great area to ride.

This year I will be attending Heart of American Maxi-Scoot Meet Up a.k.a HAMS ( https://www.silverwing600.com/rally-information-f2/heart-of-america-maxi-scooter-hams-meet-up-t929.htm#7630 ). If I get a chance I would like to do more riding up there.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am

Welcome Glen... you are so right about the Ozarks... God blessed America when he put those little hills there. I have ridden my Swing to Eureka Springs once and to Mountain View once... what great rides.
I am one year older than you... kinda retired myself, but busier than I ever was before retirement. When it warms up, we will have to get together somewhere and ride.
There are a couple of rallys in that area each year. You will hear about them on this forum as they come up. I just noticed the STO notice on the forum as we speak. Great way to start the Swing experience.
Again I say welcome. Ride safely and hug the animals today.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 am

Welcome Glen, I'm fairly new to the Swing but what riding I have done on it has been great and looking forward to the better weather to take full advantage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:10 am

Hello Glen and welcome. I just sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 am

Glenn,

Welcome to the site. The Ozarks are really nice too. I went on a 10 day trip when I was about 16 with a couple of friends from Illinois and down to the Ozarks. The roads were great and I wished I had my enduro instead of riding in a car. Post some pics of your SWing and rides in the Album section. You can create your own folder for pics. Again Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie (to this site)   Newbie (to this site) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie (to this site)
Page 1 of 1