Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case Empty
PostSubject: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 pm

First, DennisB the perfect connector and GPS mount work wonderfully. Second, jeffp if you sent a replay to me I did not receive it. So now to the question. has anyone wired there GIVI Top Case for LED lights and if you have where and how did you run the wire from case to the electrical connection? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 pm

I did send a reply. Anyway, my Givi topcase is not wired for lights but maybe in the future.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks Ralph,

I'm very happy to hear you like the Silverwing stuff.

Does your top box have a hole in the bottom for the purpose of running your wiring through?

I have thoughts about a good way to get it done. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:09 pm

justputzn wrote:
So now to the question. has anyone wired there GIVI Top Case for LED lights and if you have where and how did you run the wire from case to the electrical connection?

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=12960

One of the last pictures shows the underneath wiring route.

I drilled through the aluminum wing near the hinge.

I rotozipped a shallow slot in the bottom of the Givi-SR19 for the wiring path.

I also used Posi-Lock connectors to allow quick connect/disconnect for future assembly/disassembly.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Bill, Thanks for all the hard work...but the thread to the .org sight does not work. You might think about moving the information to this sight in the future.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:25 pm

DennisB wrote:
the thread to the .org sight does not work.

That is surprising ... I just tried the link and it worked. Does it require an authentication to view it??

DennisB wrote:
You might think about moving the information to this sight in the future.

I will have to wait till I have more free time.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Bill, I just found out what the problem was...A person needs to be loged in on that sight to see the information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case   Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring for LED lights on a GIVI Top Case
Page 1 of 1