Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Yesterday at 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.   Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 10:24 am

Long not made, but I still think there are fresh ones in the crate around. They can be good deal and come with warranty and seem to have aged well in crate with indoor storage, I bought left over 2013 and used it near 50,000 miles with no troubles. No belt or tire troubles. Ended up with Michelin Power Pure SC tires working well---OEM belts changed at 15,000 mile intervals, never valve adjustment, never changed plugs, WalMart 10-40 oil.

Windshield solution is Givi Adjustable=works providing safe look over. Givi racks work and do not break.

I think the leftovers work well for long distance/everyday riding. The older ones that seem to be changing hands these days can be reliable----provided some "tackle box techs" did not screw them up or add unnecessary junk...

Now as most of the riders are old.....and at 80, I feel age is no excuse for not using scooter---I feel most do not ride much, nor did when they were young.

As I try too get new bike/scooter each year, Honda had nothing in scooters in US for me this year----Got Kymco XTown 300I ABS 2019 model----nice price, $4200, 2 yr warranty, 8,000 miles so far (been in 14 states) No problems, great quality easier to work on than Japanese! Not many dealers.

Just some thoughts
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.   Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 11:40 am

Thanks for your thoughts John, bought my left over 2013 in April, no problems. Every time the local dealer sells one, he uncrates another one puts it on the floor. Been told there is a good amount of them in Honda warehouses through out the U.S. Paul
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.   Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 8:27 pm

Maybe. Some dealers might have a few in crates. Getting harder to find new ones 7 years now.
Indoor storage who knows many dealers have bikes outdoors. Rust.

Bought mine Dec. 2015 that dealer no longer has any new ones.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.   Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Mine will hit 100.000 miles before the end of the year, and needs things like the forks and steering bearing done, new rear brake rotor and a rear axle bearing (just did front). Also, will replace radiator fan relay and temp switch.

Still thinking of getting a '13 .... !
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.   Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 8:31 pm

That has to be some kind of record for a SW. 100K . I have a 2013 4th season 18.600 . had a few issues but rides like new. Bought new DEC. 2015 middle of winter up here. Should be over 20k by the end of this year. 355 miles today. I hope mine lasts that long. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.   Thinking of future of SilverWings in US. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of future of SilverWings in US.
Page 1 of 1