Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 8:47 am

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Today at 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
its a sad day I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

its a sad day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

hi all i was talking to my dealer and he is a big player here in the uk, he told me that honda WILL NOT INPORT THE SILVERWING TO THE UK from the end of this year, the reason is that they do not sell well here in the uk and that sports bikes have a better profit in them as they fall apart after a crash and that parts cost more, so more money is made on each sale eg leathers ect ect,
the silverwings engine was made to be long lasting and strong which is now not hondas way of making money,

i am sorry for the spelling the silverwing gt will not come here or u s a its a dead model so what now he really knows his stuff so i think its time to think whats out there i have blinged my wing now and if someone can tell me how to post pics i love to show you all respect adam farao farao farao farao
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

If thats true I'm glad I bought my Wing when I did.

Sad news indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Honda may be changing their sale model ... but I also believe that Honda's loyal customers will not blindly follow Honda.

For example take their automobile line. Honda used to provide the highest MPG and quality. Honda has not really invested effort on MPG and has now lost out to even to GM. There are a bunch of Honda owners who have opted for non-Honda due to the high premium price they are now demanding.

If Honda continues to not listen to it customers ... and prefer to provide only what Honda wants .... then Honda will continue to loose their customers. It many years for Honda to earn it's reputation ... but they can loose it much faster.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 pm

That is bad news. I would think that after this recession is over that we will see more stuff coming out of Honda though. I wish the GT600 would come out since they say it cruises better and gets 9% better gas mileage. But we will have to wait and see. I expect to have this a few more years and it seems the more I ride it the more I like it. Thanks for sharing the news.

As for posting pictures here is a link for some instructions:

https://www.silverwing600.com/tips-on-using-this-site-f8/photo-post-t458.htm

If you still can't then just send them to me. You will need to create your own folder in the "Album" section though for me to place them there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 am

honda_silver wrote:
Honda may be changing their sale model ... but I also believe that Honda's loyal customers will not blindly follow Honda.

For example take their automobile line. Honda used to provide the highest MPG and quality. Honda has not really invested effort on MPG and has now lost out to even to GM. There are a bunch of Honda owners who have opted for non-Honda due to the high premium price they are now demanding.

If Honda continues to not listen to it customers ... and prefer to provide only what Honda wants .... then Honda will continue to loose their customers. It many years for Honda to earn it's reputation ... but they can loose it much faster.

Agree totally. I would have bought a Honda, (4 wheel) many years ago. However! When I found they had a savings plan purely to offset the servicing costs I forgot the idea.

Having good quality is a must, but it has to be at an affordable price too.

Reputation does not keep companies afloat in these harsh financial times. Having a resilient long term sales and post sales plan will.

Honda needs to listen with it's ears and not sales figures.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Waspie wrote:
Agree totally. I would have bought a Honda, (4 wheel) many years ago. However! When I found they had a savings plan purely to offset the servicing costs I forgot the idea.

Having good quality is a must, but it has to be at an affordable price too.

Reputation does not keep companies afloat in these harsh financial times. Having a resilient long term sales and post sales plan will.

Honda needs to listen with it's ears and not sales figures.

I forgot to mention that I have been an avid Honda owner:

1984 Honda Civic
1999 Honda Accord (still own)
2001 Honda Odyssey (still own)
2006 Honda Accord (still own)
2007 Honda SilverWing (definitely still own)

Not to mention all of the Hondas that my parents, brother and sisters have purchased.
Back to top Go down

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I hope they don't go the way of Toyota, quality-wise. They've gone downhill fast, and I'm not just talking about the gas pedals.
Back to top Go down
BlueSwing06
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BlueSwing06

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-03-03

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Its seems to me that Honda and Toyota both fell into the same pattern the American automobile companies did. They grew complacent after reaching the top. Without any major competitors they got lazy and fat off their success. I for one am sad to see this trend, but at the same time I am happy that some of the American companies now have time to play catchup......

~Doug
Back to top Go down

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 am

Let's not forget that Toyota's loudest critic is also the regulatory agency in charge of "recalls" AND just happens to be their biggest domestic competitor.

Can you say "conflict of interests"? I knew you could!

Toyota has issues, but when the Fed bought GM I predicted this would happen. No government-owned auto company has EVER been competitive in a fair marketplace. They can only survive by cheating. What would we drive if they cheated their way to dominance? The GM version of the Volga.

Apparently, nobody on this side of the pond was paying attention to British Leyland. (I did. My folks bought an Austin Marina. Arguably the worst car in history.)

I will NEVER buy a car, truck or motorcycle from any company that is owned in whole or in part by the U.S government. They can stuff their kommie kars, and I don't car how many flags they stick on them.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey Mickey, I'll see your Ausin Marina and raise you a Renault Dauphine and a Yugo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

its a sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: its a sad day   its a sad day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its a sad day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: