Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacing those two little bulbs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Replacing those two little bulbs? Empty
PostSubject: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 3:48 am

Hi Guys!
I have just had my Silverwing 400 (2007) checked for it's annual roadworthy test here in Vienna, and apart from the need to replace both tires, the only other issue it failed on was those two little bulbs at the top of the headlight cluster, neither of which are working. Can anyone tell me what they are (voltage, watts, serial number etc??). I would prefer to go and buy the replacements before pulling off all that plastic! Rolling Eyes

Oh, and if anyone has done this job, are the bulbs easy to get to and replace?

Thank you

All the best

SteVe
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 4:53 am

Once you take off the front panel, two screws in the front and two screws at the inside screen, and "jiggled"off the  panel . If you have small hands it helps, feel inside for the rubber fittings which are just pushed into the headlight a lot of fiddling should release them. The bulbs themselves are a push fit, just pull them out. Someone will tell you the bulb size.I have replaced these bulbs a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 5:05 am

They're 12v 5w (large) capless bulbs bud

EDIT here you go .....

Replacing those two little bulbs? 1262215_1
Back to top Go down
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 5:26 am

As always, a huge thank you to you all for your super speedy replies!!

Hugs

SteVe
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Those two little pilot bulbs if they've never been disturbed, have a nasty habit of dropping off inside the headlight reflector when their connectors which have never been disturbed since assembly are pulled out of position. They just squeeze off their push in connectors and drop off inside however carefull you are. All the rubber connectors and covers get sticky with the heat generated by the headlight bulb.

There'll be a couple of old posts of mine from a few years ago relating to my experiences when changing the OE filament bulbs for LED's. Then when one of the laughably named Long Life LED's failed within a month, I changed back to the OE bulbs which were still working when I sold my Silver Wing late last year.

I got very adept at using a flexible grab tool to fish them out of the reflector shell, I hope it's more straightforward for you.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:22 am

I changed my OE Bulbs to Blue LED's, but keep the originals in the underseat storage incase one does go as Meldrew said (some are good & some are bad) time will tell, easy to change back.
Kev
Replacing those two little bulbs? Img_2043
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:43 am

Even when both those LED pilot bulbs were working I thought they were a naff and their effect was more cosmetic than high visibility.

They were another waste of money just like those rubbish Grip Puppies foam grips I once tried.
Back to top Go down
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:49 am

Yes, I must say that I was somewhat surprised that Austria deems that the non-functioning of those pilot lights would make my bike un-roadworthy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:07 am

Just watch you don't scrape the backs of your hand(s) when you have delve around in the back of there Steve.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:15 am

I was coming home one evening just as the light was failing and realised my headlight bulb had blown. If I had not had the two bulbs in the headlight I would have had no front light on and could have been stopped and prosecuted for having no front lights on, so they do serve a purpose.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:32 am

That is why I put those little spots on, just incase the dipped headlight does go out.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:34 am

Wouldn't have still have had one working beam depending on which bulb had blown, plus the two pilot bulbs.

By the way have you seen my new title, if it was up to me your new one would be Legend. Smile
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 4:41 am

Just Google'd "Visiting Curmudgeon" Love it Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Normally the dipped beam is on with ignition. I had to keep putting main beam on in areas where there was no lighting,but, not thanked by other road users. Had not noticed your new title Meldrew who gave you that I wonder? I can see "Visiting" as you no longer have a Silverwing. We in the North know what a Curmudgeon is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing those two little bulbs?   Replacing those two little bulbs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing those two little bulbs?
Page 1 of 1