Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SuperTech oil filters reborn!

Go down 
+4
DickO
Mech 1 twa
john grinsel
GHM-PM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

SuperTech oil filters reborn! Empty
PostSubject: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 4:47 pm

For those that ONLY use Honda OEM filters read no further:

for the rest of us that have used SuperTech filters and other brands, Walmart is again selling SuperTech oil filters ST6607 for us SWing riders!  I only found them in a Super Walmart so perhaps the smaller stores aren't carrying them yet, we shall see.

SuperTech oil filters reborn! St110
SuperTech oil filters reborn! St210

Note they now say 99% efficiency! I can live with that. Also, on the box it says for change intervals of up to 10K. Plus they were under 3 bucks USD!!!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 4:53 pm

I always used them.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 8:47 pm

I've seen these for at least 6 months at local stores.  I don't use them but look like a quality filter.
They also have new full synthetic motorcycle and ATV oils for sale. Super Tech ATV 10W30  2 flavors of motorcycle 10W40 and 20W50. $7.50 or so a quart.  Can find them on their website but have seen them.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Have had no problems running Super Tech 10W-30 synthetic along with Super Tech ST7317 filters (which might have been same as Fram TG7317 filters ???, which I also used). Don't know why I never came across the 6607's...
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 12:07 am

DickO wrote:
Have had no problems running Super Tech 10W-30 synthetic along with Super Tech ST7317 filters (which might have been same as Fram TG7317 filters ???, which I also used).  Don't know why I never came across the 6607's...

The 7317s have the same threads as the 6607 but is a slightly larger filter. Both will work but the 6607 is a bit easier to install due to its shorter length. I did not see a ST7317 in the SuperTech filters. Perhaps they were out or perhaps they will come later?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 am

I've never heard of SuperTech oil filters on this side of the Pond, I used Champion oil filters for many years on my Silver Wing. They were easy to obtain, fairly inexpensive, and the outer case didn't corrode like some other brands I've read about on here.

When I changed the Silver Wing for the Forza 300 I ride now, I had a couple of new Champion COF 104 oil filters left over and boxed them up with the intention of selling them.

A bit of recent online research on a German motorcycle accessories website revealed that the same Champion COF 104 oil filter is specified for the 2018 onwards Forza, so they're no longer surplus to requirements.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 6:36 am

Isn't there a possible problem with the longer filters fouling on the centerstand?
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 am

I found an article on the re-emergence of the SuperTech filters and it said Wix and Champion were making them.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 am

I found this article about SuperTech:
It's a long read but informative.

https://10carbest.com/supertech-oil-filters
Back to top Go down
Sirkitrider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-06-24

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:25 am

I use the SuperTech filters bought from Wallyworld. Happy coincidence …. the filter for the Silverwing is the same for my 2006 Nissan Frontier 2.4L … I buy'm by the half dozen. They must fit a variety of other vehicles? as Walmart is often out of them.

Sirkitrider
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:32 am

Sirkitrider wrote:
I use the SuperTech filters bought from Wallyworld.  Happy coincidence …. the filter for the Silverwing is the same for my 2006 Nissan Frontier 2.4L … I buy'm by the half dozen.  They must fit a variety of other vehicles? as Walmart is often out of them.

Sirkitrider

You would be surprised and the number of vehicles one filter fits. Think of the money saved having one brand vehicles filters fit all their products. Bigger? is better? Honda reduced the size of the filter on the 1800 as compared to the 1500, the filter on our Forester is smaller than the filter on a Cub Cadet 50 inch lawn mower.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 9:41 am

The 6607 fits:

1. Silver Wing
2. My Nissan Frontier
3. My wife's Mazda
4. Our Kawasaki Teryx

Who knows what else? Buy in bulk and save LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SuperTech oil filters reborn!   SuperTech oil filters reborn! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SuperTech oil filters reborn!
Page 1 of 1