Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby RarestRX Today at 5:58 pm

» HELP - Front brake lever locking up!
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Today at 6:32 am

» Cleaning the brake calipers
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Today at 6:32 am

» New SW owner!
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Today at 1:26 am

» My journey to the SilverWing
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Yesterday at 5:54 am

» Pair of wheels with good hoops
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby Siataukreg Yesterday at 4:15 am

» Brake pads
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Yesterday at 4:15 am

» Queries for site administrator/s
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby Faston Bulbous Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:50 pm

» Wiring up Spotlights
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:53 pm

» Planning on a ride this July into Canada
2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeby Crowen Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2017-10-20

2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. Empty
PostSubject: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm thinking that I might end up selling my super-low mile 2007 Silverwing 600 in a month or two. I recently bought a soft-top v8 muscle car, and bizarrely I'm finding that it's fulfilling all the niches that I previously used the Swing for (touring, sunday breakfast runs, holidays, commuting etc). And I could do with cutting down the number of bikes I own. Can't move for bikes, which is stopping me getting on with restoring the others. Haven't ridden it since before winter, which is why I got the car (my first for 10 years): to protect the Swing from the salt!

The bike is an October 07 model, got about 8,000 miles on it or so, wind deflectors for the legs, Givi adjustable screen, full factory top box, Oxford heated grips, fresh dual-compound Pirellis, wheel bearings etc, sintered pads. There are custom built Hagon shocks to lift the rear and sort out the front rake angle to massively improve the steering. The exhaust is a Delkevic road-legal item matched to a K&N pod filter leading into the stock plenum chamber, with the fuelling corrected to match. Dr Pulley sliders are fitted, and the end result is a 2 second reduction in the 0-60 time. I've also got a full Dr Pulley HiT clutch that I've yet to fit. I'd also like to fit a new set of big-bore headers and get a final set of speed and dyno runs done, just to finish my journey with it. But those last two bits are optional. And of course, I've got all the original parts to fit if you want it to go slower, weigh more, and handle like a bad Harley again.

It's a lovely bike, but I just don't use it much now, and I'm sure she wants to be ridden again.

Any way, if any one is interested, let me know, and I'll get some pictures.

All the best, Gavin.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3058
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 7:46 am

Gee, Gavin, I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving the fold. Your engineering and reports have contributed greatly to understanding how our Silverwings works and have been a great asset to this forum.

Sorry to see you move on, and thanks so much for all you've shared.

Tim
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 7:53 pm

Well, I'm not totally decided yet, it's more a case of if some one locally was looking for a low-mile bike of similar high-spec and made me the right offer... well, I wouldn't mind seeing it go to a good new home.

Might get round to fitting that HiT clutch this weekend and seeing how it goes with that :-)
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Swing is definitely for sale, can deliver within reason. Will sell for £3200 with all the trimmings, else it's going back to stock for a dealer sale at £2800, and will then sell all the trimmings separately.
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Well, a p/x deal has been arranged with a local dealer against a tidy original Yamaha TRX850. We've agreed £2800 for my swing with only the Givi airflow screen, oxford heated grips, and honda leg wind deflectors. The other parts (oem screen, delkevic exhaust, intake mods, Dr Pulley sliders and HiT clutch kit) are all being kept by me.

So unless any one wants it sharpish, it'll be gone by the end of the week. Contact me for the other parts.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2019-05-06

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 2:42 pm

It's a shame you're not selling it with the Oem screen, I would have been interested in the givi 👍
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 8:50 am

It's too much of a PITA to get off, you have to disassemble most of the front of the bike. I'm more likely to damage something and loose value on the p/x as a result. On the upside, I've got a set of performance bit if you want?
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 9:38 am

Ok, thanks anyway 👍
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 9:46 am

gavinfdavies wrote:
It's too much of a PITA to get off, you have to disassemble most of the front of the bike. I'm more likely to damage something and loose value on the p/x as a result.

It really isn't difficult, it's just undoing the four screws on the screen garnish and then removing it. A broken tab on the screen garnish hardly matters, as most used Silver Wings are likely to have one if it's been off and on a few times. Then it's just undoing the four screws and removing the brackets holding the Airflow on, and putting the OE screen back on.

As you've obviously removed it before to fit the Givi Airflow it'll be a lot easier. It took me about 30 minutes to swap them round with no mishaps, and I'm not into this Loosey Left, Righty Tighty stuff at all.

Both myself and old Brubaker here in York removed our Airflows and put the useless OE screens back on when we traded in our Silver Wings for the new Forza last Autumn. Removing the Airflow didn't affect the value, and both our Honda dealers seemed to prefer our  Silver Wings in clean bog standard trim, than one tarted up with loads of aftermarket stuff.
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Hmmm. I seem to remember fitting the bracketry being a pain, lots of faffing with panels.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 5:04 pm

What panels, it's just the screen garnish. It's basically the same procedure as changing the electric height adjustable OE screen on the new Forza for the taller Givi. That's even simpler, the screen garnish has only the four screws holding it on, there's no annoying plastic tags that can break off.

Your Airflow would also sell for a good few quid.
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 5:30 pm

Meldrew wrote:
What panels, it's just the screen garnish. It's basically the same procedure as changing the electric height adjustable OE screen on the new Forza for the taller Givi. That's even simpler,  the screen garnish has only the four screws holding it on, there's no annoying plastic tags that can break off.

Your Airflow would also sell for a good few quid.

Thanks for the info/clarity/reminder. It seems I'd got confused with the minor work to fit the screen, and the massive ball ache it was to remove the front fairing to fit wind deflectors and also wire in some heated grips to main ignition-on feed.

Swapped the screen just now, like you said, a doddle. I've salvaged the fitting kit too.

Cheers :-)
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Marvincon wrote:
Ok, thanks anyway 👍

Screen is available now! Still with the original Givi stickers etc.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 am

Thanks, I'm interested, please let me know how much you would like for it.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 7:49 am

Looks like I missed this one, are there any Brits out there with an Airflow on a shelf somewhere in the shed, surplus to requirements? 👍
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 11:12 am

Sorry, not on here often, keep forgetting. Screen still available, as is all the tuning bits. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
sidco10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:52 pm

I would of had those wind deflectors Smile The search continues ,,,, Sad
Back to top Go down
RarestRX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2018-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:58 pm

Gavin,

I'm about to do the airbox mod with the K&N filter you recommended.

Do you have any photos of the set up?

Reading your old post, you just kept the entire cover off and have the filter resting in the pocket? (I.e. you didn't drill holes in the cover and re-install it.)

Also, did you use the stock connector or just bolt the K&N directly to the 2.5" airbox inlet?

Thanks!

Kevin

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.   2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.
Page 1 of 1