Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» New member from Europe
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... Empty
PostSubject: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 pm

BUT What WERE they thinking at Subaru engineering when to check spare tire pressure, remove what ever is on top of the rubber mat, remove mat, remove over cover off  tool containment compartment, remove tool compartment, then remove tire change tool compartment, see spare tire but NOT THE VALVE STEM, remove the spare tire hold down assembly, NOW remove spare tire turn it over and check the tire pressure, not sure it’s a pressure monitoring stem but brought it up to 60 psi just in case. Now, replace all the crap in reverse order and call it a night. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 7:13 am

At least it has spare tire!!. One reason I bought my Mitsuibishi Mirage---it has spare tire. Got to use it when due to TN crappy roads, bent front wheel with 125 miles on the clock. Able to change tire,, drive home and order new wheel----I did not buy a Hyundai Accent because it has no spare tire.

The Genesis my wife drives, does have spare tire. Genesis I do not drive....too big for me and too many bells and whistles for me.

Many new cars do not have spares. And to think scooters used to have spare wheel and tire
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 8:29 pm

Most new cars are like that spare faces down so there's room for tire tools inside it. Many don't have spare anymore also. It's a pain and takes 5 minutes, just buy a small pump and worry about IF you ever get a flat.

Toyota SUV owners from past were even luckier. Had a full size spare mounted up under rear and the valve stem faced up.. TPMS light came on if spare was low and had to lower the wheel, air it up to make light go out.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 10:26 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Most new cars are like that spare faces down so there's room for tire tools inside it.  Many don't have spare anymore also. It's a pain and takes 5 minutes, just buy a small pump and worry about IF you ever get a flat.

Toyota SUV owners from past were even luckier.  Had a full size spare mounted up under rear and the valve stem faced up.. TPMS light  came on if spare was low and had to lower the wheel, air it up to make light go out.

My 99 Ranger has that set up without the TMPS when we used it on trips I removed it and placed it as last loaded in the truck bed, EZ to get at that way just in case.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 am

The original VW Beetle operated its windshield washers by using air pressure from the spare tire. The spare was purposely overinflated to accommodate this function.

Lift the front hood, and there was the spare.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 am

bikehiker wrote:
The original VW Beetle operated its windshield washers by using air pressure from the spare tire. The spare was purposely overinflated to accommodate this function.

Lift the front hood, and there was the spare.  

So my windshield is clean but my spare is flat Smile I had a 60 VW bug great little car thankfully they upgraded the wiper system but they could have done way better with a heater scratch
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Yup, those VW heaters were awful; they may have copied from the model T with heat coming from the exhaust manifold. My '68 Beetle had about 48 improvements over the '67, but the crappy heater was still there.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

I cut into the duct work and installed a 6V blower from a Chevy, that and closed the opening in the air intake for the engine by adjusting the linkage, during a real cold blast it at least kept the windshield clear and melted snow of ones boots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...   We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We may complain about our S'Wings getting to it to check or repair, but...
Page 1 of 1