Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
new member here I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
new member here I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
new member here I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
new member here I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
new member here I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
new member here I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
new member here I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
new member here I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
new member here I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
new member here I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

new member here

Go down 
+10
bikehiker
exavid
EvilTwin
DickO
cotetoi
oldwingguy
steve_h80
Dale N.
Scootypuff Snr
spanishfudge
14 posters
AuthorMessage
spanishfudge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-12-21

new member here Empty
PostSubject: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 11:18 am

hi all,spanishfudge here about to buy a sw 600 2011,i live in spain have done for 15 years use to live in uk oldham lancs,i live now in almeria spain,jusd had heart attack and my doc said i am best to change my bike ,honda cb600f hornet 2010,as a bit to much pressure of leaning forward ,so getting a wing had a go on one and love it so expect more thank all
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 12:33 pm

welcome spanishfudge (great forum name) & nice part of Spain you live in.

If you've liked the test ride ownership will only make the S'wing seem better everyday.

Sorry to hear about the heart but following advice can only be good
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Welcome spanishfudge to the Best SWing site on the net.

I know you will like your SWing as much as the rest of us have. Lots of info here on how to maintain your SWing yourself.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Welcome... and do what the doctor ordered lol
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Welcome from o-HI-o, enjoy the site the scoot and your new lease on life.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Welcome, spanishfudge. The SWing is not as demanding a ride as the conventional motorcycles and the seating is more upright, it all fits in with what your dr. ordered. A short ride a day is therapeutic. The Mediterranean climate is not too harsh in winter either.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 am

Welcome and good luck in the future with that heart thingy... Hope the doc's advice proves prophetic so you can spend many miles on your new Wing...
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 8:22 am

Welcome aboard.  More than a few of us around here getting up in years with medical issues, but we gotta keep riding.  It's only the body that keeps aging, the mind is still young, right?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 3:18 pm

EvilTwin I think you are right.

When I was in my 20s I often wondered how my brain would work as I got older. Would it think like an old person looks, all slow and wrinkled? But now that I am OLD I find that my brain still works like it's 20 and not 72. Sure it forgets more now than it did back then but it still thinks the same thoughts, hopes and dreams.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Welcome spanishfudge!
Definitely true that a scooter like the Silverwing puts less demands on the body. I'll vouch for that this 76 year old carcass finds scooter riding a lot easier when you have arthritis, bad knees and general old age debilitation. The fact that one can ride with a range of foot positions helps. For me not having a clutch makes it a lot easier than handling the clutches of my past motorcycles would be now.

There's a bunch of good, welcoming people on this forum and a large amount of knowledge of the subject so again, welcome and don't hesitate to post pictures and questions of ideas, they'll be welcome here.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Too bad it took a heart attack to introduce you to the qualities of the SWing. But that's a good consolation, and it's good to see you healthy enough to want to ride.

I had a similar motivation to look at something more pedestrian than a gear/clutch bike, but still found excitement and fun in this great bike.

The good thing about getting old is you forget about the real danger on two wheels, and you find a "safer" two-wheeler in the SWing (what I told my wife) because you don't have to REMEMBER to shift, PULL and RELEASE the clutch, and CRAMP your left leg in the process while trying to maneuver in traffic. Starts and stops are so much easier, especially starting in a turn. No more embarrassing stalls when starting out, and a sit-back twist-and-go position that approaches the comfort of a car. All you need to remember is to find your way home...if you really want to go there.

Have lots of fun.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 3:10 pm

One of the best things about twist and go is that you never kill the engine because you're in the wrong gear.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Dale N. wrote:

When I was in my 20s I often wondered how my brain would work as I got older. Would it think like an old person looks, all slow and wrinkled? But now that I am OLD I find that my brain still works like it's 20 and not 72. Sure it forgets more now than it did back then but it still thinks the same thoughts, hopes and dreams.

Well maybe not exactly as well as mine was at 20 or I'd know why I find myself standing in a room wondering why I went there. When I was 20 I usually knew.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 4:59 pm

exavid, now that you mention it there's times when I go from the living room to the kitchen and can't remember why the heck I went out there. I have to go back and sit down and think. Then it comes to me so I repeat it over and over until I get what I wanted in the first place.

Although in my defense, I've talked to younger people who've had the same "problem". So while I may not still think 20 I'm pretty close... bounce
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 7:20 pm

I know I'll be in trouble when toilets start asking for a password before they let you do your business: I had to reset my password 3 times today to get into my emails.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 9:04 pm

cotetoi, that brings up a couple comments to mind that have me laughing. Too bad I can't post 'em. Just the idea of a toilet not taking any..... well you know.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 5:07 pm

exavid wrote:
Dale N. wrote:

Well maybe not exactly as well as mine was at 20 or I'd know why I find myself standing in a room wondering why I went there. When I was 20 I usually knew.

Nah.
In my 20's I would do the "wondering room" thing, but it was because I was wasted!
Now it's because of old age lol.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Well.... yeah... there was a bit of that back in my early twenties. Being a young bachelor at the Kotzebue, Alaska FAA station when I turned 21 I tried hard for a few months to become an alcoholic but failed. Buying an airplane and learning to fly pretty well stopped that. Once I quite the booze I discovered what made me sick in the morning. For a while I was afraid I might be pregnant.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 am

steve_h80 wrote:

In my 20's I would do the "wondering room" thing, but it was because I was wasted!
Now it's because of old age lol.
I have days (frequently!!) when I feel like this guy! Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yn6sik-fkc
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 am

Just between ourselves, I once got caught in heavy rain struggling home carrying two heavy bags of groceries. When my house came into view, I panicked a bit because I thought my car had been stolen as it wasn't outside the house. Then I remembered I'd left it on the car park of the supermarket where I'd just bought the groceries. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 am

Meldrew wrote:
Just between ourselves, I once got caught in heavy rain struggling home carrying two heavy bags of groceries. When my house came into view, I panicked a bit because I thought my car had been stolen as it wasn't outside the house. Then I remembered I'd left it on the car park of the supermarket where I'd just bought the groceries. Rolling Eyes

LOL, at least you didn't get in the back seat and wonder who stole the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm

I had that problem when I moved back to England from Belgium; more than once I climbed into the car, only to find the steering-wheel was on the other side.

Now, when I bend down to tie my shoe-laces, I think of all the other things I can do while I'm down there to save getting up and down too often.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 1:43 pm

MikeO wrote:
Now, when I bend down to tie my shoe-laces, I think of all the other things I can do while I'm down there to save getting up and down too often.

You mean you can get back up ! How I envy you Neutral
Back to top Go down
spanishfudge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-12-21

new member here Empty
PostSubject: new swing   new member here I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:57 am

well i got a 2009 silverwing fjs model with 30,000kmon in black and i love it i must say it is the best ride for here in sunny spain ,easy to ride and so relaxing like a lot say why did i not get one earler chickendance
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 am

Looks like you finally pulled the trigger on your SWing. Now, just a twist of the wrist will keep you happily motoring, dare I say SWinging ! Weather can't be that bad in Spain this time of year. Here, in Atlantic and Eastern Canada, we have Flood season instead of Spring.
I am on high ground but thousands living close to the water are already under. And the single digit temperatures are not helping. Life in the Maritimes !

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new member here Empty
PostSubject: Re: new member here   new member here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new member here
Page 1 of 1