Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
headlight differences I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

headlight differences

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spanishfudge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-12-21

headlight differences Empty
PostSubject: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 11:09 am

can you help me when did the headlights change,from central cluster to two side headlights,i am in spain and about to buy a 2011 silvewing 600 which should it have ,or did they revert back    thank you
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello mate, the vast majority of members here own the original stacked headlight FJS/FSC Silver Wing. In 2009-10 Honda cosmetically changed the original design with side by side headlights, black forks and wheels, different indicators and rear light clusters. They called this updated model the SW-T Silver Wing.

It was widely sold in Europe for a few years until the Silver Wing range was discontinued altogether in 2016. Honda UK never imported the SW-T Silver Wing, and it didn't meet cup holder requirements in the US so they never imported it either.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 2:21 pm

LOL! We gotta have our cup holders don't ya know...
I have cup holders in my pickup but not the SWing. I found it too hard to balance when my head was tilted way back to drink out of a Beer Bottle so I took it off.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 pm

I've never had the pleasure of seeing the Silverwing variant. Sounds like it was interesting. I still wish Honda had continued importing them into the US. Our aging population should help increase interest in maxi scooters, not all of us are macho-Harley repairmen.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 5:00 am

The Silver Wing in original FJS/FSC or later SW-T form had to been discontinued as it the engine didn't comply to the current Euro 4 emissions that came in a couple of years ago.

I've seen a few SW-T's over the last few years in some of the European countries that imported them. For a short time I was naive enough to think that Honda UK would import them. Any way once the novelty of looking at your first or second SW-T wears off, they're just another Silver Wing.

As it's nearly 2019, we the ageing Baby Boomer population should be well aware that we're now old men, Seniors, Senior Citizens, Old Age Pensioners, Coffin Dodgers or whatever. Sooner or later you realise that for 90% of your riding, big heavy maxi scooters aren't necessary.

I've been wanting to downsize for a few years now, but choices were very limited. I got rid of my Silver Wing a few months ago and bought the new Honda Forza 300. I can honestly say I haven't missed the Silver Wing one bit.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 pm

I just turned 76 but even with the usual aches, pains, and general debility of an aging carcass I still don't mind the weight of my C650GT and it IS heavy. But then I had many years on Goldwings which pretty well enured me to a heavy bike. Even with its aging design and no new ones available I still like the SW and would have one in the garage if there was a bit more room. My GT is better on the highway but the SW was best around town.
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2018-03-02

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 5:27 am

I had been riding Goldwings since 1991. As they became a challenge for my arthritic joints, I also purchased a Honda Reflex (250cc). I still rode the GL 1500 when I was up to it, but pretty much shifted my riding to the Reflex. After getting stuck in the high-speed lane of the interstate highway (faster traffic on my right preventing me from moving back into the slower lanes), I realized that the Reflex was unsatisfactory for my interstate highway trips. Great for secondary roads and around town, but not a good interstate highway machine. I then bought the Silverwing, a reasonable compromise that can be ridden anywhere. I think any limitations are in my head, and sometimes in my joints. I gave my son-in-law my 1988 Goldwing this past year and we are planning on going to Nashville for the Wing Ding in August. Should be about a 350 mile trip each way. It will be his longest ride on any bike, and my longest on the Silverwing. My longest trip on the Goldwing was 17 days and about 5,600 miles about 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 1:19 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I went a similar route as you. My last long ride was in 2008 on my '93 GL1500. I went from Medford, Oregon to Calhoun, GA with two friends for a Steve Saunders Goldwing forum get together. Took the Southern route back about the same mileage as yours. I just couldn't warm up to the idea of a trike so got a Silverwing and never went back to the big bikes. I rode my first Silverwing from Medford, OR to San Diego, CA in one day (darn near a iron butt ride) and didn't find it much more fatiguing than my Goldwing. It handled the speed of the traffic, was very handy in lane splitting and had no difficulty carrying my gear. I'd still have one if it weren't for my wife wanting to ride with me, the GT has a higher useful load than the SW. Now that she no longer can ride with me I often wish I'd kept the SW. Who knows, I might yet find another one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: headlight differences   headlight differences I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

headlight differences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing-
Jump to: