Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!

Go down 
+4
Dale N.
bikehiker
EvilTwin
sc00ter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! Empty
PostSubject: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Yes, its done! Wife rode it for awhile and then we took it out 2-up trading rider/passenger. So far very pleased! I have to go back to the dealership and pick-up the rear wheel and parts removed along with some extra paperwork. Then I will post a breakdown of all the cost involved and start to log any issues, changes and wear items.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 am

Yes, I still have to round-up all the cost involved and post that. Interesting note: the Motor Trike conversion has been rode for a total of 57 miles! She hates riding on the back because the Corbin seat backrest makes getting on and off a pain in her hips so we take the Burgman 200 instead, and I just dont like 3 wheels enough to ride it over one of my 2 wheel scooters. Now that its getting colder I have the feeling its going to sit all winter without being used. She will not ride when its cold or raining. We have had both. So we have a $10,000ish trike sitting in the street under a Dowco cover.....

Looking into a solar powered battery tender and if I can bring myself to ride it enough to run the current fuel out, fill it with unleaded ethanol free gas so its one less issue while sitting.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Cool. Any pix of this beastie? 10k, thats about what I have tied up in the Spyder.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 1:41 pm

You took the plunge. Now it's done. Wishing you many three-wheel miles ahead.

Appreciating any additional info.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 8:42 am

My Motor Trike conversion cost me just around $8,000 for the cost of the kit, shipping and Besser's Bike Barn to install it. They delivered it for free along with all my original parts.
All in all I'm very happy with it. But then I'm the only one riding it so I don't know what it's like to have a passenger.
I have found that it's a bit rougher on the ride on old crappy streets like what's in front of my house. But that's probably due to the two wheels on back both hitting bumps. Don't get me wrong tho. It's not so bad of a ride that I want to get off and push it. On normally smooth streets and roads it rides great. I have no regrets on doing the conversion.
I've taken it on some 2 and 3 hour rides and she's handled great. I'm planning a trip to northern MN next summer to visit relatives and old friends. It should be a hoot.
The mileage does suffer a bit if I'm just riding around town with stop and go riding. On the highway tho I've only lost about 4-5 mpg which isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 11:44 am

The little I have ridden it I actually enjoyed it. I can hop on the interstate without any worries keeping up with traffic, unlike with my 200cc Burgman. It rides a passenger just fine also. Only serious issue you wonder? EVERYONE stops you at the gas station or ask about it at intersections. I dont have any issues talking to people unless Im in a hurry to get somewhere, which is rare because I dont have a super exciting movers and shakers life. I misplaced the paperwork from the install but will post everything when I find it. We have no regrets, wife is just mad because its been to cold for her or its been raining. I will install heated grips for her and she wants to change the windshield from the light tint Clearview to a clear/taller GIVI.
Back to top Go down
Kevin P
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-11-26

PostSubject: Trike install   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 2:55 pm

What body did you use or did you use just the fenders
I just a body from Stuyvesant trike I think the name and I am trying to fabricate the install
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 3:39 pm

It is great to see another Swing conversion to Motor Trike, I put 20,000 miles on mine this past summer/fall, my wife is always with me. We also installed the Corbin seat WITHOUT the back rests and we both love it. I Pray you and yours will have miles of smiles.
Back to top Go down
Kevin P
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have been. Been scooting with a Chinese 300 cc but took the plunge and purchased a swing my friend and I just installed the gt3 kit from motortrike now I bought a fiberglass rear and have to fit it then match the paint. My wife loves it . Two up is so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Kevin P
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 3:49 pm

I am new to this site so I have to figure out how to use it. I am looking for anything that is helpful for the build. Especially some pictures
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Kevin,
You are new to the site. Just FYI, it is considered common courtesy to post your introduction in the, um, Introduction section. Thanks for your consideration.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Kevin P
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Sorry Tim and to anyone I may have offended. I am trying to find my profile that entered my info. Thought I did it all correct so here we go again
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 11:26 pm

My wife retired from her job at the start of the year. So how does this affect the Silverwing she had converted? It STILL has only around 80 miles on it. She has no reason to ride to work now. I stopped riding it and I think she may have honestly forgotten about it! It has not been stated in months. I bet the battery is shot now.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 9:23 pm

AND Ride it or sell it. Don't just park it and forget. Remove drivers back rest easy to get on after that. I've owned a few bikes if I loose interest and don't ride it much sell it and maybe buy something else.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 8:49 am

+1
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 10:59 pm

Holy wow! So my wife took the trike out today all by herself! It was to buy stupid stuff but she went out all by herself for a ride! She quickly got used to the slight lag on take off, adapted to the slight head shake and complained about the brakes feeling overwhelmed from the added weight of the kit. Also getting strong arms during long sweepers. Keep in mind she knows how to ride trikes. She actually had fun and looks forward to more rides, so it wasnt a waste of money!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 12:06 am

Tell your wife not to worry about the brakes feeling overwhelmed. When I first started riding my Trike it felt like the brakes weren't all that good. I think they have to "wear in" a bit or something like that. After a few weeks they got a lot better. Although I do still use the front brake lightly once in a while along with the back brake. They seem to work better that way. But that's only if I want to, or have to, stop quicker for some reason. I've never really had to "jam" them on tho. It's another "getting used to" like getting used to riding a Trike was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!   Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally done with the Motor Trike conversion!
Page 1 of 1