Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Baptism a la natural

Go down 
+2
oldwingguy
Mech 1 twa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Baptism a  la  natural Empty
PostSubject: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Well snuck in a nice 60 miles before the baptism, my first real rain while riding the S'Wing Smile not bad with the Givi screen and keep the legs in. Next time I will take a just in case rain suit.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Try Frogg Toggs waterproof and breathable.. Not a rubber suit and very light weight.
Many different types and prices but work well.
I don't mind getting a little wet if its hot and just a passing storm, dry out down the road. Cold and wet isn't a good thing.

Riding a la natural. I think you will get pulled over. Laughing Naked
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 am

Froggies are good, I have a pair left over from the GW days, for cooler colder wet I like my Dri Riders for really nasty I prefer my Subaru Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 1:10 am

Indeed Frogg Toggs are very good. Light weight and pack very small conserving stowage space on the bike. I've a pair that have ridden well over 100,000 miles in a couple of my Goldwings all four of the maxi scooters I've owned. More durable than they look and very good at keeping a rider dry.

I'm not too sure if the ones sold by them now are the same. Mine feel like they're made from paper with fibers, a lot like disposable painters coveralls. The set was a jacket and pants made of something similar to that. But they've held up for years well for me spending most of that time in saddlebags or top boxes. Still keep me dry.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 7:01 am

although I have had Belstaff/Barbour/Aerostich/Joe Rocket/Langlitz/Thurlow and maybe more over the years----would like to try Frogg Toggs as they appear to be easy to carry as rain gear. Question is: do they flap in the wind?
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 am

john grinsel wrote:

although I have had Belstaff/Barbour/Aerostich/Joe Rocket/Langlitz/Thurlow and maybe more over the years----would like to try Frogg Toggs as they appear to be easy to carry as rain gear.   Question is: do they flap in the wind?

Not that it ever bother me, if you but a set buy one size larger to allow for warmer clothes to be worn beneath them. Oh and the orange stands out best for visibility.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm

They are very light weight and flap in the wind. Have elastic bands on jacket sleeves and legs to help seal those areas. Best over gear and not hot they let moisture out...... not in.
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 pm

my set of aerostitch darian are awesome in the rain but even fully vented they are a dehydration monster...

Last edited by joebillybobinark on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 11:19 pm

I never had a problem with Frogg Toggs flapping in the breeze. But them most of the miles I've ridden with them was on a Goldwing which might have a little better wind protection.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Try Frogg Toggs  waterproof and breathable.. Not a rubber suit and very light weight.
Many different types and prices but work well.
I don't mind getting a little wet if its hot and just a passing storm, dry out down the road. Cold and wet isn't a good thing.  

Riding a la natural. I think you will get pulled over. Laughing Naked

Mech, thanks for the recommendation. I have a good high viz rain suit, but the Froggs seem very appealing for price, weight, and ability to stow on bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baptism a la natural   Baptism a  la  natural I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baptism a la natural
Page 1 of 1