Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What is the build history of Silver Wings?

Go down 
+4
john grinsel
ItBeMe
Meldrew
gasgas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gasgas
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-07-20

What is the build history of Silver Wings? Empty
PostSubject: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 9:57 am

I have done several searches on here but can't find a SW history. I.e. when were they introduced, what years were they changed and what were the changes? Looking on fleabay I can see different seats and so on so there must have been changes. I'm thinking of buying one and want to know which model to go for - they see a bit expensive new - and indeed are they still available new? I have searched two Honda dealer wwws and they aren't listed. (I'm in the UK)
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 10:15 am

Of course you can see different Silver Wing seats on eBay, a lot of them are motorcycle seats for the GL 500 Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
gasgas
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 am

I mean the Silver Wing scooters, not the motorbikes. I have seen different seats on the scooters so I was wondering if there were other incremental changes, such as engine CCs or better / different lighting.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 11:18 am

I would like to know that to.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Off the top of my head----build history stopped end of 2012 or early 2013---had 2 new ones, 09 and left over 2013---both same US models---Some where along the line 02 Sensor added, glove box covers changed----engines always same. They are reliable...left alone, new belts (OEM) every 15,000 miles (not cheap). Rode mine (2) over 90,000 miles and never walked, had to get battery jump once, always carried spare belt and muffler gasket (packing)
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 6:35 pm

started in 02. Added an 02 sensor sometime in 05 or 06. That added a little extra mpg. Expect to get 50+ mpg.

Few design changes on the dash, but a seat will fit all years. There are aftermarket seats. I have a Corbin on mine.

Discontinued in 2012 but there are still some new ones available.

My Silverwing gets more mileage than my 02 Goldwing does.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 9:06 pm

This link has some background: http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/Silverwing/Silverwing.html

And here is a review from back in 2002:  https://www.visordown.com/features/road-tests/living-with-a-2002-honda-silverwing
Back to top Go down
gasgas
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 2:34 pm

All those reviews sound excellent, even discounting the "I've got one and I'm not an idiot therefore I will say I like it" factor. Seems to me that lots of them have high mileages and I've heard that before about Hondas, they go for many miles with no trouble. I'll have to go and try one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2017-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:00 am

There are a few nice ones on ebay UK and Gumtree at the moment.

Be good if you can get a try on one, and they can be a little addictive.

The most recent I ever saw for sale was a 2017 one, probably a later registered 2013/14 bike.

Dealers are asking some very high prices 2nd hand and looks as if those are not moving.

A nice and affordable 2007/2009 one can be bought very fairly if you keep your eyes open.

The engine is absolutely fantastic and feels like a bike really.

Good luck if you try a few.

A very nice Bike.
Back to top Go down
ronv386
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2019-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 2:08 pm

EvilTwin wrote:
This link has some background: http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/Silverwing/Silverwing.html

And here is a review from back in 2002:  https://www.visordown.com/features/road-tests/living-with-a-2002-honda-silverwing

Thank you, EvilTwin, This answered a lot of questions for me as well. Can't wait till my wallet says I can get one Smile

Ron V.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the build history of Silver Wings?   What is the build history of Silver Wings? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the build history of Silver Wings?
Page 1 of 1