Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Texas

Go down 
+6
GHM-PM
oldwingguy
Mike from NS
Dale N.
Cosmic_Jumper
hayesfamilyscoots
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hayesfamilyscoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2018-06-13

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 am

Hello to everyone we are the Hayes Family from the South DFW Area and look forward to meeting new scooting friends and family.  Our scooting adventures started back in 2009 when we bought our first scoot a 2009 Honda Metropolitan (Purple & 50cc) hot of the DFW Honda showroom floor.

Now fast forward to 2011 we purchased our 2011 Honda PCX (White & 125cc) which we used to scoot all over town.  That is until sickness and job changes took me out of riding of our scoot with the kids in late 2014.  So we sold our PCX to a family friend, and the Metropolitan to a stranger.  But we were able to follow the journey or our beloved PCX girl and see her scoot on down the road.  So as we watched from afar the scooting bug never left my or my children’s hearts.

So this brings us to June of 2017 when the stars aligned and I happend to be in the area around DFW Honda (purchased both the Metropolitan and PCX from their).  So I went by just to stop in and see what all they had and as I walked in I saw her a 2016 Honda Forza ABS (Candy Apple Red & 300cc).  It was love at first sight and I could not wait to bring her home to our stable.  Heck maybe even take her for a ride with our family friend that has her little sister.

So now it is right at All Hallowed Eve Time of 2017 and or family friends let us know the we’re considering parting ways with little girl.  So my son decided he was going to buy her back and bring her home.  He had to save a few months and take the Motorcycle Safety Course as a condition of his purchase.  So it’s now end November 2017, and he gets to bring her back into our stable.  So he is riding her all over the place and now has become smitten with her and her sister.

So here is where the kids get a little diabolical in their plan, and tell me that my son would like to buy the Forza off of me, and our daughter was going to buy the PCX from her brother.  They hounded me for months until I finally consented.  So back to DFW Honda I go to get me another Forza when we found a beautiful 2013 Honda Silverwing that was brand new.  

So as you guessed it, we purchased a new 2013 Silverwing ABS (Black & 600cc) and brought her to our stable.  So now we have 3 scoots as seen in the photo attached.

So in conclusion from left to right we have the PCX, the Forza, and the Silverwing in our stable.

Hello from Texas Img_0510
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am

Thank you for your considerate introduction. Welcome to the asylum.

Nothing wrong with a Forza. A good friend just rode his '14 Forza NSS300 from Philly to SF and Morro Bay, Calif for the Scooter Cannon Ball Run. Then did the 10 day SCBR, ~3900 miles over every conceivable mountain range between Morro Bay and Virginia Beach, VA. That'd over the top of those mountains. Not skirting round them. The Forza never missed a beat in all those ~8000 miles.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Welcome to the BEST SWing site on the net. Nice looking stable photo! I have an 08 SWing that I had converted to a trike over the winter. This is my 4th season with it and I really like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Great looking stable you have there ..... welcome from Nova Scotia
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Welcome from o-HI-o and yes a nice looking set of rides.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 am

Interesting story and great stable. Glad you found a Silver Wing, they are still around new but getting rare. Now if you only had the Metro in the stable too!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Welcome "HFS" !! This "is" the place to be !
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Welcome aboard!

My daughter and son-in-law live in Forney, so we get out there once in awhile to visit, generally by plane and rental car.

Interested in learning more about the riding around DFW, as we're considering moving out there some day.
Back to top Go down
lcgraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 pm

I wasn't aware that SWGs are becoming rare. Is this a general nationwide problem or is it a regional issue?
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 pm

SW are no longer made. 2013 was the last year a few new ones are still out there.
I don't know how many were made but I don't see many up here in PA.

Texas is big..... Welcome to this site. I lived in San Antonio for a year way back in 1987.
I would travel from Colorado Springs to SA. often. West Texas back then was 2 lane roads mostly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas
Page 1 of 1