Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!

Go down 
+11
GoonerKev
Skynight
Maggie
DickO
Tn Traveler
Mike from NS
GHM-PM
oldwingguy
The Bern
Dale N.
JeffR
15 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! Empty
PostSubject: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi,

I have decided to re-open the site to new members again. As you all know I just got tired of a few members complaining about the site. I am just asking that the new members just accept the site 'as it is'. I am not going to learn to write code or learn html. The site has been like this for 10 years and it seems the vast majority of members have enjoyed it.

So please have fun if you decide to join and enjoy the great members we have.

Thanks,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 am

thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 4:38 am

Cool :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 am

thumbs up :not worthy: thumbs up I'll drink to that, water please, straight no booze.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 am

Glad to hear this, I have gotten many questions from prospective members! Now children, if we can all just "get along"... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 am

Whatever Jeff's call is, is more than great with me. I have been very happy with that the site offers and can't see any need for changes.  I have learned lots from the site; and being Canadian, I'm a humble, kind, polite and an appreciative dude .... (just won't be pushed around ... LOL )... So to JeffR thumbs up thumbs up

Mike
Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 1:44 pm

THANKS--There's more good folks than those that complain when
they should stay quiet & listen. Weeds need to eliminated to grow
the good plants. I belong to both Forums so I was covered.
THANKS for being BOSS.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm

I agree with all the above comments and emoji's... (emoticons ?) Smile
Back to top Go down
Maggie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah, Jeff... if you need to learn how to kick members off I can give lessons :-)

Funny story when you all were having issues and I was getting new members from here to Maxi Scoots, I actually had a member from here demand I not register him if so and so were already members on the board.

People make me laugh....

Enjoy your forum people and your wonderful owner, Jeff!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Maggie,

That is funny. I hope you don't mind but I put a couple of "stickies" in 2 locations of my forum to encourage all my members and new members to also join your site. You run the top site on the internet for scooters and motorcycles and your site is very, very friendly. And I also explained that you have a separate "Honda" section with many Silverwing owners. But many members on this site also have motorcycles as well. So they would be a great fit for your site.

You were a great help to me when that 'certain thing' happened and really supported me. I really thank you for that.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Skynight
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Skynight

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 am

Thank you from a new member!
Back to top Go down
http://johnbrownlaw.com/
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello John ... new member. And greetings from Nova Scotia.

Your avatar presents a different shape in scooter/motorcycles .... but it sure looks like a fun way to get around !! LOL

Ride / Fly safely

Mike
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 5:30 pm

thumbs up thumbs up Perfect post Jeff
Back to top Go down
agreat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 6:44 pm

bounce I love it, it's the only forum I'm a member of so GFI !

I'm sure there's lots of Swing 600 owners who would agree  Smile
Back to top Go down
rdedrickson
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2019-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Well this site has saved my butt several times - Thanks for the time effort and money.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 2:25 pm

I know this is an old thread but first off I wanna thank you for keeping new members being accepted,it’s a privilege not a right like some people fail to realize,I’m sure most questions could be answered by reading the old post’s but sometimes it’s nice to have someone reply to questions who have been there done that , I hope everything remains online even if the site closes down which I don’t know if it’s possible,is it a privately owned site of does a company own it ? A question if a site closes down does it’s content get removed from the web automatically because of inactivity or is it removed by the owners because it’s their choice ?

The reason I ask is I always wanted to get into photography and I found a popular photography forum (Digital Photography Review) which I lurked at for a couple months just reading threads without commenting till the day I bought my first dslr in 2013 then we fast forward to 2013 and 5000+ comments later about a month ago it was announced by Amazon who owns DPR is going to close down and all content is go to be vaporized from the web ,I couldn’t believe that the biggest photography forum in the world that covers every make and model of camera since the birth of digital photography was going to cease to exist,just from me lurking them two months I knew 
how to operate my camera in Manual mode and I learned much more in the following decade from professional photographers who were happy to help newbies learn and explain in great detail exactly how it’s done here,except there was a lot of trolls talkin smack but you learn how to deal with them too. Anyways the site administrator gave members an option if they wanted a copy of all there content and photos on the forum they can request it and they’ll receive a zip file of it,
,I have to mention they have weekly challenges on a specific subject and you enter a photo to be judged by forum members whether they entered or not and on average each challenge had about 100 entries and I had at least one 1st,2nd,and 3rd place wins which gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside .There’s a link in my profile to my Flickr page if anyone cares to take a peek,to view adult content you must make a Flickr account which is free,<< I hope a little shameless self promotion is OK here 😬

Sorry I started babbling a bit but when I seen the title of this thread I instantly thought about what’s going on at DPR and it’s final day is April 10,2023 ,one of the members who’s I’d say is in the top 5 knowledgeable people on the forum is starting a new forum from scratch and already has 4000+ members and pretty much mimics the old forum with categories but it lacks old content to be able to use the search function for.

Ride Safely
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 5:16 pm

We appreciate your concern John. This site wholly is owned by our fearless leader, JeffR. He began it (IIRC) to offer more hands-on technical information and is a spin off of the old Yahoo Silverwing forum. I‘m just kind of the ringmaster.

Regarding your concern about losing all the accumulated information here should the web host decide it’s just three-card-monte game, I’m kinda sure we would. There was lots of great information on the old Yahoo forum and another Windows chat group before that, but it all went away in a keystroke —with no warning. That seems to be the way it is.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum and contribute to the knowledge base when you can.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 6:17 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
We appreciate your concern John. This site wholly is owned by our fearless leader, JeffR. He began it (IIRC) to offer more hands-on technical information and is a spin off of the old Yahoo Silverwing forum. I‘m just kind of the ringmaster.

Regarding your concern about losing all the accumulated information here should the web host decide it’s just three-card-monte game, I’m kinda sure we would. There was lots of great information on the old Yahoo forum and another Windows chat group before that, but it all went away in a keystroke —with no warning. That seems to be the way it is.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum and contribute to the knowledge base when you can.
Ringmaster 🤣🤣🤣

I’ll do my best at contributing here ,oh and I just received the Service Manual and it’s an absolute gold mine of information and I feel so much better about tinkering on my ride.

Ride Safely
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!   Site is accepting NEW Members now !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site is accepting NEW Members now !!!
Page 1 of 1