Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
just bought one... I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

just bought one...

Go down 
+5
The Scootist
DennisB
skiwoods
jdeereanton
theop
9 posters
AuthorMessage
theop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-30

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Just bagged myself a Wing.. Silver that is...

Been a bit of a tough decision that one as I sold my Vespa 125 and BMW GS1200 and replaced both by the Honda..

I loved both my bikes for different reasons, but the beemer was a reliability nightmare (read NOT RELIABLE), the new model was out and the bike (05 model) was starting to cost a lot in wear and tear (tear mostly). Add our upcoming baby girl in March, and any long biking trips in Europe (I live in the UK) withthe boys next couple of years are out the window...

So, that's the reason I dd not replace the BM with a Pan - a bike I really really fancy.

The Vespa was my London daily, it actually got stolen - twice- the last time ths past summer.. Decided not to replace it at the time... but have actually missed the versatility of a scooter in town... and the fact you can be dressed for work directly without having to change...

So.... Silverwing it is... Bought it, haven't seen it yet.... Its late 07, blue and has 3k miles on it... I expect reliability, comfort, relative ease in town, 60-70mph motorway cruising for at least 40miles at a time without my Vespa's "yiiii hee" wobbles and relative paece and quiet....

Haven't ridden the thing yet, but I reckon I ll get all of the above...

Deep inside I just hope its 50hp will be closer to my beemers 100 than to my vespa's 12.... in how it feels to ride that is....

time will tell... bring on Saturday...
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 pm

theop,

Welcome to the site and welcome to the wonderful world of the Honda SilverWing! We are probably a bit partial here, but how could we be held responsible for that? Watch for some of the ride outs your compatriots on this board and on maxi-muppets put together over there.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Welcome! I have only had a Silver Wing for a motor driven cycle, so I have nothing else to compare it to. That said, I also have a need for speed as I am a pilot and an alpine skier. I like to go as fast as my skis will allow me to go on steep Colorado terrain. The Silver Wing is satisfying enough for me. It's a pleasure to ride, smooth, stable, fast and nimble. I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with your new ride.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi theop,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new scooter. Had mine about a year and a half now and just love the darn thing.

Ride careful just bought one... Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Theop:
Welcome to this site and the world of Swing owners. I also have a 2007. (Titanium Blue) For some reason they are the fastest color made by Honda - others may disagree, but it is a fact. (Perhaps it has something to do with the aftermarket mods I have on mine.) I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. It is my everyday year-round commuter - as long as it isn't snowing or icy. I think you will be favorably impressed with the performance of the Swing in Stock configuration, but if you find that you need a bit more scoot, this forum is a great place to get advice. See you around...
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:16 pm

theop wrote:
Just bagged myself a Wing.. Silver that is...

Congratulations.

theop wrote:
Been a bit of a tough decision that one as I sold my Vespa 125 and BMW GS1200 and replaced both by the Honda..

I loved both my bikes for different reasons, but the beemer was a
reliability nightmare (read NOT RELIABLE), the new model was out and the bike (05 model) was starting to cost a lot in wear and tear (tear mostly).

I have almost 40,000 miles on my 2007 SWing ... which has been very reliable.

theop wrote:
The Vespa was my London daily, it actually got stolen - twice-

I purchased an Almax Immobiliser III ( http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk ) for security protection.

theop wrote:
So.... Silverwing it is... Bought it, haven't seen it yet.... Its late 07, blue and has 3k miles on it... I expect reliability, comfort, relative ease in town, 60-70mph motorway cruising for at least 40miles at a time without my Vespa's "yiiii hee" wobbles and relative paece and quiet....

Haven't ridden the thing yet, but I reckon I ll get all of the above...

Deep inside I just hope its 50hp will be closer to my beemers 100 than to my vespa's 12.... in how it feels to ride that is....

time will tell... bring on Saturday...

I am sure Bernado our forum tester just bought one... Icon_razz ( https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/are-there-any-serious-problems-or-issues-with-the-silver-wing-t461-30.htm#4533 ) can provide some comparisons to the BMW GS 1200
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello Theo.
Where abouts in London are you?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:21 pm

I think you'll like your SW. I ride both the Silverwing and my Goldwing. When riding the same routes I make about the same speed on either bike. The GW beats the scooter on long rides but only on matters of comfort since the SW is fully capable and just as fast. In fact my SW tops out only about 12mph slower at full throttle compared to my GW as measured by GPS. One hundred ten mph isn't bad for a scooter! Like most Honda products this little bike seems to be bulletproof. One thing I enjoy is beating HDs across intersections when the light goes green. Unless the guy on the HD is really good on his bike the SW will usually win. Sure must smart for the leather clad, tatooed and mustachioed clique. just bought one... Affraid
Back to top Go down
theop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

MikeO wrote:
Hello Theo.
Where abouts in London are you?

Hi there, I am toing and froing between Battersea and Paddington mostly..., i.e centrally...
Back to top Go down
theop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:45 pm

exavid wrote:
I think you'll like your SW. I ride both the Silverwing and my Goldwing. When riding the same routes I make about the same speed on either bike. The GW beats the scooter on long rides but only on matters of comfort since the SW is fully capable and just as fast. In fact my SW tops out only about 12mph slower at full throttle compared to my GW as measured by GPS. One hundred ten mph isn't bad for a scooter! Like most Honda products this little bike seems to be bulletproof. One thing I enjoy is beating HDs across intersections when the light goes green. Unless the guy on the HD is really good on his bike the SW will usually win. Sure must smart for the leather clad, tatooed and mustachioed clique. just bought one... Affraid

Nice! Both Silver and Goldwing! Now thats a bike worth having... Pity that Europe is slightly too small for it. If I lived in the US, I d DEFINITELY have one. In fact I ve been having dreams occasionaly abt September rides somewhee in warm california on a HD Glide or Goldwing...

The kind of riding-into-the -sunset- on -a -desert-straight-road kind of dream
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks.
There's a regular 'Saturday Breakfast' with a group of maxi-riders at the Ace Cafe - meet around 10.00.
I don't go any more - it's a bit far from Brugge but there are rideouts for all in Spring, Summer and Autumn which I come over for. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Welcome Theop from another UK rider. South coast based and fed up with the bad weather.

And can I be the first to say - Humbug!!!! Laughing (At the weather).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Nice! Both Silver and Goldwing! Now thats a bike worth having... Pity that Europe is slightly too small for it...

There are quite a few European Goldwingers, in the UK, Ireland, Germany, France and many other countries. Check out the "Steve Saunders Goldwing" website which is based in Ireland. One of the most popular GW sites with over 25,000 registered members from all over the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just bought one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just bought one...   just bought one... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just bought one...
Page 1 of 1