Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?

Go down 
+5
cotetoi
ItBeMe
v23nb
Mighty Mouse
lloyd193
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? Empty
PostSubject: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Tim has suggested that I clear up what appears to be some confusion as to what I do and have done the past 25 years.
Today I own a Corporation that provides me with a nice yearly income, I started this Corporation in 1976 and retired from it in 1995. I have people who manage the Corporation, So I do not have to be involved in it's operation.
The past 25 years I have enjoyed my Hobby of owning and repairing hundreds of Honda motor scooters. I do machining, Repairs and custom work on these Scooters for people I know and ride with. These scooter riders keep me busy repairing their bikes, Installing parts, Doing service work and keeping all these bikes running.
My 25 years working on Honda Scooters has taught me many things which have been invaluable in diagnosing and repairing problems with Honda's great scooters. I maintain in my parts room a huge inventory of Honda scooter parts and accessories, Probably a better inventory than any dealer south of Atlanta Georgia.
Currently I probably have a 100 tires on hand, I maintain this huge inventory so that I do not have to order and wait for parts. Being able to have a more than $150,000.00 inventory of parts is wonderful.
My shops and parts room are air conditioned allowing quality work to be turned out even in the hot Florida summers.
I have passed along this information, Not to be bragging, But to let you members know that I have lived a long and enjoyable life with Honda's equipment for the past 50 years and today own 15 of their bikes. Over the last 17 years I have owned about 15 personal Silver wings, Buying and selling and taking trades.
Having this history I am bound to have learned a few things about Honda scooters and will try to help any of you that I can.
The information I give you on this sight has been gained through experience, hard work, experimentation and some time blood swear and tears.
I hope everyone understands where my knowledge comes from, Not from something I read somewhere.

Enjoy your bikes.

Happy motoring Lloyd 193.

Last edited by lloyd193 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 am

Hi Lloyd, with all those years of Honda scoots, what would advise to replace a Swing with? Even if you had to resort to (horror of horrors) another brand? Personally I just can't find a replacement with the same qualifications.
Ease of repair, parts availability, bullet-proof engine, huge packing space, comfort of ride, etc, etc. Must be 600cc or over......?
Back to top Go down
v23nb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 5:46 am

Lloyd, nice to see such a strong history that is so valid here. I wish you all the best doing battle with the egos!
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 am

Lloyd you da man. chickendance
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:36 am

Impressive bio, lloyd193. I can understand why you can't stand fools too gladly, and all the unwashed scooter riders here who think they know something. I'd be having a fit reading all those uninformed fools' drivel.
We are indeed privileged to have you advising us on all matters pertaining to the Silverwing scooter or any Honda product for that matter.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 am

Mighty Mouse wrote:
Hi Lloyd, with all those years of Honda scoots, what would advise to replace a Swing with? Even if you had to resort to (horror of horrors) another brand? Personally I just can't find a replacement with the same qualifications.
Ease of repair, parts availability, bullet-proof engine, huge packing space, comfort of ride, etc, etc. Must be 600cc or over......?

Thank you for your reply.

In addition to my Honda Silverwing I also Own two 09 Suzuki Burgman 650 executives, I have gotten in the habit of using one of these on extended trips.

The overdrive allows 90 Mph at 5,000 RPM, Plus the extra storage space is great. These are great highway bikes.

Shorter trips of a couple days I still prefer my Silverwing, It's great handling and it's quick acceleration are unmatched by any of the big scoots, I have stepped on all of them.

Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:28 am

v23nb wrote:
Lloyd, nice to see such a strong history that is so valid here. I wish you all the best doing battle with the egos!

Thanks for your reply.

I have paid dear for many years and spent a fortune for my Honda knowledge. I am happy if I can help.

Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 am

cotetoi wrote:
Impressive bio, lloyd193. I can understand why you can't stand fools too gladly, and all the unwashed scooter riders here who think they know something. I'd be having a fit reading all those uninformed fools' drivel.
We are indeed privileged to have you advising us on all matters pertaining to the Silverwing scooter or any Honda product for that matter.
Jay.

Jay,

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I am getting old and having trouble breathing, Some time when I have Given good advise and I am contradicted I lose my patience.

I apologize for that and will try to not take some of the insults so personally, I hope you are enjoying your bike.

Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:39 am

ItBeMe wrote:
Lloyd you da man.  chickendance

WE can all use a good laugh, Thank you.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

lloyd193 wrote:
I do machining, Repairs and custom work on these Scooters for people I know and ride with. These scooter riders keep me busy repairing their bikes, Installing parts, Doing service work and keeping all these bikes running.

Are any of these members of this forum ?
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 pm

terrier wrote:
lloyd193 wrote:
I do machining, Repairs and custom work on these Scooters for people I know and ride with. These scooter riders keep me busy repairing their bikes, Installing parts, Doing service work and keeping all these bikes running.

Are any of these members of this forum ?

Not that I am aware of.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi Lloyd, I wondered what your background was, thanks for the info. It sounds like you've done very well for yourself.
One of the things I love about biking is the mix of people involved. You never know if you talking to a politician, scientist, factory worker or factory owner but we all get the same thrill from riding and the individual's background just doesn't come into it. Biking is one of those great levellers.
Please keep sharing you knowledge, shared knowledge is one of the thing this forum is very good for.
But we're all grumpy old buggers on here so please don't expect the bitching to stop. After all its the other thing that makes this forum brilliant :-)
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 3:18 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
Hi Lloyd, I wondered what your background was, thanks for the info. It sounds like you've done very well for yourself.
One of the things I love about biking is the mix of people involved. You never know if you talking to a politician, scientist, factory worker or factory owner but we all get the same thrill from riding and the individuals background just doesn't come into it. Biking is one of those great levellers.
Please keep sharing you knowledge, shared knowledge is one of the thing this forum is very good for.
But we're all grumpy old buggers on here so please don't expect the bitching to stop. After all its the other thing that makes this forum brilliant :-)

Thanks Steve,

Thank's for your post, I have enjoyed the bikes my entire life.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 11:22 pm

Terrier's signature line is wrong. Anyone who has a pair of Danner Striker side zip boots knows you can have comfortable riding and walking boots in a single pair.
http://www.danner.com/striker-torrent-side-zip-8-black.html?currency=USD&msclkid=0f86c9d56dfb1574ae29935336088142&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA%20-%20Products&utm_term=1100300094085&utm_content=PLA%20-%20Law%20Enforcement
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

PostSubject: Lloyd193   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 am

Lloyd your advice is ALWAYS welcome here. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:42 am

exavid wrote:
Terrier's signature line is wrong. Anyone who has a pair of Danner Striker side zip boots knows you can have comfortable riding and walking boots in a single pair.
http://www.danner.com/striker-torrent-side-zip-8-black.html?currency=USD&msclkid=0f86c9d56dfb1574ae29935336088142&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA%20-%20Products&utm_term=1100300094085&utm_content=PLA%20-%20Law%20Enforcement

exavid..........they look great. I take size 10 so I'll look forward to you sending me a pair soon Laughing Laughing

Den
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 am

Regrettably I must demure. Besides mine are U.S size 12. But in many miles of bike riding and hunting I've never found better.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 am

exavid wrote:
Regrettably I must demure. Besides mine are U.S size 12. But in many miles of bike riding and hunting I've never found better.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?   Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is Lloyd193 and where is he coming from?
Page 1 of 1