Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New silverwing rider in N.C

Go down 
+2
cotetoi
carolina wing rider
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

New silverwing rider in N.C Empty
PostSubject: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Greetings to all you Silverwing folks. I don't have a funny or interesting story for you just yet...but I will. I'm pretty new at the Silverwing game but in just a few short months I have fallen in love with this machine. After years of denial and riding all the "standard" motorcycles of the sport I was lucky enough to have a chance to ride a Silverwing 600 and just could not believe how much fun it was to ride. Some of my friends laughed and said "we will wait for you a few miles down the road." To their surprise a few of them had to catch up with me.........LOL. I wish I had discovered this bike years ago. I'm looking forward to some road trips soon and maybe we can ride some together. I live in central N.C. (Mebane) in case any of you reside in the region. Best wishes to you all and RIDE OFTEN ! Terry
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Terry, Welcome to the forum.
The SWing is a bike that tends to pleasantly surprise riders. I was one of them. And other bikers soon notice that their "real" bikes can't outpace it. If you really wanted you could a few of them easily; and when they catch up with you, they'd ask :" What do you have in that thing?"
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Welcome Terry, it is very nice to see another NC member. The Swing is a great bike and I pray you have miles of smiles. IF you ever get my way give me a shout and we can take a ride on the Parkway or? I am off on Wed. and Thur.. Again welcome.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi Terry,
I used to ride with a group that had "regular" motorcycles and when I came to the first ride I got some sideways glances. They didn't glance at it after the first ride. It sure surprised a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 am

Terry welcome to the site from o-HI-o.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 1:33 pm

cotetoi wrote:
Terry, Welcome to the forum.
The SWing is a bike that tends to pleasantly surprise riders. I was one of them. And other bikers soon notice that their "real" bikes can't outpace it. If you really wanted you could a few of them easily; and when they catch up with you, they'd ask :" What do you have in that thing?" Thank you Jay. I am excited to be a member. It is nearly 70 degrees here today so I went out for a short ride this afternoon. Sure is hard to come back home after an hour. RIDE OFTEN ! Terry
Jay.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Pastor Ron wrote:
Welcome Terry, it is very nice to see another NC member. The Swing is a great bike and I pray you have miles of smiles. IF you ever get my way give me a shout and we can take a ride on the Parkway or?  I am off on Wed. and Thur.. Again welcome.
Thank you Ron. It is a pleasure to be a member. I went out for an hour today and it sure is hard to come home after just an hour. I go to the mountains on a regular basis when the weather is a little warmer so I will hollar at you sometime in the near future. That parkway ride sounds great. Maybe we can find a good place to eat while we are out. Thanks again and RIDE OFTEN! Terry
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 1:45 pm

oldwingguy wrote:
Terry welcome to the site from o-HI-o.  
Thank you oldwingguy. It is a pleasure to be a member. I guess I might also be considered an old wing guy too since I just turned 64 a week ago. I hope things are going well in Ohio. It is about 70 here today so I went out for about an hour. It sure is hard coming back home after only an hour. RIDE OFTEN! Terry
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Well a late Happy Birthday youngster. I wish it was even 50° here so I could ride. But it will come soon.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 8:17 pm

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR WARM WELCOMES TO THE SITE. I HAVE BEEN READING ENTERTAINING CONVERSATIONS FOR SEVERAL HOURS. I GUESS I SHOULD take the caps lock off now. Some of you SWINGSMITHS are very funny (humorous) folks. A good laugh every day is important........so thank you again. RIDE OFTEN!
Back to top Go down
GoogleGuy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 am

Happy to be here, too!
Another Terry in North Carolina
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New silverwing rider in N.C   New silverwing rider in N.C I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New silverwing rider in N.C
Page 1 of 1