Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» noise under load
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:38 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New tire dealer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-10-12

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm

I have been buying my scooter tires from Motorcycle Superstore for about 8 years now. Now they are only showing 2 rear tires for the Swing. The City Grip (for a great price) and a Shinco. I really don't want either. Where else does one buy tires in the good old USA. I think I just want to stay with the Hoops but am not paying over $100.00 for the rear.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Try Revizilla.  But they are out of stock on Hoops in that size. Maybe not making that tire anymore.???
Honda dealer has IRC oem tires under $100. OK tire front gets noisy when worn, rear uneven wear at least for me.
MICH Power Pure are good tires but don't last as long as some others. $64 rear  $82 front. I got 6k out or rear PP tire front has yet to be seen.

Last edited by Mech 1 twa on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 7:58 pm

The  Michelin Power Pure tires are great for the rear. Not so good for the front. The front tracks bad. Tar snakes causes bike to follow the tar track. The  rear wears round throughout the life of the tire. On my second Swing, I still have my original IRCs and like them even more. I have 12k miles and looks like it can go two thousand more miles. Tires are five years and I need to change the rear soon. Probably go with the IRCs.
Another merchant you could try is Dennis Kirk. I believe shipping is free.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 8:42 pm

You are correct Easyrider front PP does follow some road surfaces......
It also shakes like a wet dog if hands off bars mostly on deceleration at lower speeds.

IRC cheaper at dealer. Mine just didn't wear evenly rear mostly. Front so noisy in turns.
I'm an aggressive rider and live in the tar and chip capital of the world PA.
Cover the road in tar put a thick coat of stones into that. Most times I'll turn around on a freshly covered road. Scary loose stones everywhere.

BUT we do have a lot of good roads here. Very diverse

2 seasons on SW 11k so far. Weekend rider only. Love it.
Back to top Go down
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm

OK easyrider, are you saying you got 12,000 miles out of you rear IRC oem tire? That sounds great to me. I live in North Florida and the roads are really hot here at least 8 months out of the year and I think that can contribute to excessive wear. I wore out a PP on the rear of an old Reflex in less than 7,000 miles so won't go there again. The fronts wear OK but I would just prefer to try something different. The City grips work pretty darn good on my 08 Burgman 400 (same size tire) but I read on this forum that they wear prematurely because of the excessive weight of the Swing. Really looking for a place to buy any of the above tire. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Anyone try the Avon AM63 Viper Stryker? Great price only one review. 4 out of 5 for wear. That is the most important to me.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Don't let the name and good price scare you away from the City Grips.

I've been running a matched set for the past 4000+ miles, and I can tell you the ride, handling are better and the wear is at least as good as the Power Pure's. Massively better than Shinko!

I get my tires at Ride Now in Ocala and they price match legitimate online sellers AND they install them for free.
The Gainesville location is probably the same and I believe there is one in Jacksonville.

I think my out the door price for both was about $125
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 pm

docjones wrote:
OK easyrider, are you saying you got 12,000 miles out of you rear IRC oem tire? That sounds great to me. I live in North Florida and the roads are really hot here at least 8 months out of the year and I think that can contribute to excessive wear. I wore out a PP on the rear of an old Reflex in less than 7,000 miles so won't go there again. The fronts wear OK but I would just prefer to try something different. The City grips work pretty darn good on my 08 Burgman 400 (same size tire) but I read on this forum that they wear prematurely because of the excessive weight of the Swing. Really looking for a place to buy any of the above tire. Thanks guys.

I do not have any experience riding on hot roads. I don't believe our roads get very hot here in Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 pm

So I broke down and got the Brand New Bridgestone Hoops. Tires Unlimited had the best price ($108.00 rear) so I bit the bullet and spent over the $100.00 I swore I would never do. These are the all new Hoops. More silka compound for better traction and wear according to the salesman. I'll let everyone know how they work in a couple of weeks after I give them a whirl. Tires Unlimited had some great prices and I'm sure I will do business with them in the future.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Is this a new tire? looks great. Keep us posted I'll be looking for a new front soon enough.
I hope they last and wear evenly.

Rear Pure Power done at 6k. Worn evenly and never a slip or problem. Front will see next year almost winter. AHHHHHHH.
Back to top Go down
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 10:36 am

Yes, these are the brand new tires from Bridgestone. I'll let everyone know how they work out. I put a pair of Pure Power on a Reflex a couple of years ago and the rear wore really fast. The front was still good at around 18,000 mile but replaced it with the same because we were about to go on a 1,300 mile trip and didn't want to take a chance. I wish the rears lasted that long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New tire dealer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tire dealer   New tire dealer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tire dealer
Page 1 of 1