Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» New member from Europe
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up Empty
PostSubject: Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up   Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 9:16 am

After eyes heal----had surgery....whether needed or not, hope not just money making deal for Dr's----Saw fine before/see ok now.

After 15 Sept, plan to ride the road to James Bay, second longest stretch in N. America without gas, road paved, Sept. Bug season should be over in N. Canada/Nice Temps. Using SilverWing, maybe its last trip with me

Ridden this before, K-75 BMW, camp one night up and one night return. Eating only at half way point----otherwise instant oatmeal for me. I carry new 2 gallon gas can---road 600km or 360 miles, easy 2 days. Being careful, SilverWing can go as far as 200 miles on tank---spare gas in can should get me safely to the gas station past the half way point.Again I hate walking.

On return run, after I use gas in Can, I throw it away.

Anybody want to go? Meet up somewhere east of Detroit in Canada. Dress warm and be prepared for wet.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up   Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Wow. What a great opportunity. A chance to ride with the legendary John Grinsel.

John, now don't be tempting those young lads to ride down the Trans-Taiga Road.

I would really enjoy joining you but I used up my kitchen pass earlier this month riding to northern Iowa. Saw lots of corn, beans and (Sturgis) trailer queens.

As an aside; I travelled up the James Bay Rd to Radisson several years ago. All of the folks up that way would/could only speak Quebecois, while the native Cree spoke the Queen's English and Quebecois.

A ride to that remote place is surely worthy of a photograph. I do hope that you'll take a couple and share them with us Couch Potatoes here on the forum.
Back to top Go down

Interesting and fairly easy trip coming up
Page 1 of 1